Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by proffa71
I just wonder why so many app developers do not support WP anymore. In my opinion they are very shortsighted. W10M is coming soon and if it can do what it claims (same app view and usability on PC, tablet and phone) Windows marketshare will start to increase quite rapidly.

Why'? "Human is an lazy animal". If you can do the same thing easier than on other ways you will, in the end, select it. If you can have for example same mail app on PC and phone and with same features I think many will be very interested of it instead of using different apps/programs on every device ;)

Edit:
Of course if W10M does support Android apps there will be no problem once it is available. But Waze will lose users before it if current app does not work OK.
proffa71  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Last edited by proffa71 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
Ok, issue seems to be fixed now. App started with announcement of language download, needed to login after it and seems to work OK now. Seems that there are fewer voices available now so maybe that was the cause? Will be interesting to see if the routing works OK once I hit the road again :)
proffa71  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

Global Champ
Country Manager
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
Well I know that Waze has not been planning to update WP app anymore but situation may change now because of recent HERE announcement. At least I hope so, now Waze would have perfect chance to get more users. Death of WP is not certain yet even though many try to say it is, W10M has just come available so it's future is still unwritten and it has quite many advantages over rivals.

Even though I think Waze is great it's not even near of being important enough to be the reason for changing to Android (or iOS), I know too well what problems and limitations Android has and I don't like iPaid devices at all. I change to Windows Maps or some other navigation software that isn't Google dependent then and also stop using any Google service as much as possible, there are alternatives to it's services. WP is my choice and it will remain so.
proffa71  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ
Country Manager
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by Propani
slerched, you say WP isn't popular ... it's the quikest growing platform. Why do you think Google tries to block it ... and even then, we will become with more and more :-) Actions from 'Google' like this have just the opposite effect and are just making the WP family stronger and stronger (and the apps that are created for Window Phone just better and better). Ok, maybe it will not be the Waze app, but most likely an other app (Here+). But yes, it's stupid a company will likely loose it's front position this way. I know one thing for sure. I was an Android user ... and I'll never go back.
Propani
Send a message

Post by PSonetwo
gerben wrote:Is anybody on GDR3 yet? In the Beta forums some users reported that the battery drain was much less on GDR3.

I updated my Lumia to GDR3 today and will test the battery drain tomorrow.
I am on a Lumia 520 that is on GDR3 (but not Nokia Black, using a Preview for Developers account). I do NOT experience any battery drain with Waze running while charging. It even charges up to 100% while Waze is running (at a rate around 35-55%/hr). Had it on for about 2 hours one drive. Did not get too warm and when I took it off the charger, it was at 100%.

Do not know what kind of charger I am using. All I know is it is a typical micro-USB to 12V outlet Walmart charger. I'll check the amps when I get a chance.

Otherwise this was my last remaining "wish-list" app coming from Android/iOS world to WP8!

EDIT: Requesting the use of a Live Tile option like the Android Widget. Something that can show current commute times to work/home (based on where I am at)
PSonetwo
Send a message

Post by Puftach
jdavlcba65 wrote:Hi, version 3.7.6 doesn't exist.
everyone with WP has v3.7.4.5, the latest one !

about your tip, I am surprised as I never had any waze app crash with my setup (WP 8.1), except end of October during one day but this was special.
Hi, thanks for the information, I was also confused by the version mismatch (forum topic vs. my phone).

This implies a question - why the topic has incorrect version in title?

I have Lumia 640 and the Waze app crashed maybe few times in 4 months so I guess this is OK. The only problem for me is that the messages in my Inbox cannot be displayed. I get an HTTP error "internal server error 500". Pity...
Puftach
Send a message

Post by PyroEskimo
I'm another person wanting Waze on Windows Phone to continue to be developed. I was introduce to Waze on Windows phone last year and it has been my daily driver since. It works well on the Lumia 1520 and HTC One M8 I just purchased. Luckily the app functions well in its current state however additional features that match the Android and iOS versions would be greatly appreciated. Since joining I've recruited 10+ Windows Phone users to Waze.

Bring back the support!!!
PyroEskimo
Send a message

Post by PyroEskimo
drsparks wrote:
race68 wrote:For those who can't ACCEPT terms and conditions on a LUMIA 640, just hide the Go Back / Start Button /Search icons at bottom of the screen. It's hiding the accept button.

This doesn't work...at least not in my case (640 w/ WP8GD2). There doesn't seem to be a way to hide the bacl/start/search icons. See screenshot.
I know on my HTC M8 for windows it has the arrow down to allow for the buttons to be hidden. But I believe when it isn't there you can slide either up or down close to the bar to hide it. I don't have a phone without the arrow to test it out.

hth,
PyroEskimo
PyroEskimo
Send a message

Post by Querlenker
omba_de wrote:As mentioned many times before...:
Actually waze isn't updating the WP version...
...unfortunately!

Now everyone is discussing about 3.9 release but WP users seems to be not a true part of the family.

The most annoying thing for me is that there is no way to use Waze in landscape at my mobile.
Querlenker
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Qyv42
BoxSoft wrote: There is, to an extent:
  1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.
So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike
Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.
Qyv42
Send a message