Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by searchjaunt
Hi,
As the enable checkbox of the script gets switched off randomly - sometimes never in days, sometimes multiple times a day - I was wondering if the switch is really needed. I don't see an urgent need for this option, and I think that it's even easier to switch on/off the script via TM.
I know that other scripts might be the culprit for this behavior, but I need those scripts and I don't have the time/knowledge to find out what the conflicting reason is en ask the script authors for a change ir order that another script wouldn't cause conflicts.
So, I was wondering if it would be possible to omit this option in favor of having a more stable behavior and less frustration upon editing.
Many thanks in advance,
Eddy
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
jm6087 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:12 pm
searchjaunt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:58 am Hi,
As the enable checkbox of the script gets switched off randomly - sometimes never in days, sometimes multiple times a day - I was wondering if the switch is really needed. I don't see an urgent need for this option, and I think that it's even easier to switch on/off the script via TM.
I know that other scripts might be the culprit for this behavior, but I need those scripts and I don't have the time/knowledge to find out what the conflicting reason is en ask the script authors for a change ir order that another script wouldn't cause conflicts.
So, I was wondering if it would be possible to omit this option in favor of having a more stable behavior and less frustration upon editing.
Many thanks in advance,
Eddy

Having the checkbox does not require a refresh of WME.  To switch off in TM does.

Sure, but what's need to switch it off? Does somebody actually switches on/off it all the time?
Btw one needs to go to the plugin menu in WME, click on URO+ and then click on the checkbox in order to switch it on/off
Going to the TM menu takes less effort. Refreshing isn't such a pain either.
The fact that for some strange reason the switch gets turned of randomly is more frustrating, certainly when it's one of these days where it happens a lot. The burden that causes is bigger compared to the person that deliberately  wants to switch on/off the - very useful, so why bother to switch it off? - script and needs to reload WME.

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by searchjaunt on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by searchjaunt
gad_m wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:59 am maybe another checkbox can be added to determine whether the existing checkbox does enable/disable the script or not

Despite one might wonder what the use of it will be, it will/might not work when the script itself is switched off.
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Thx for the elaborate answer. I do understand that finding the reason for this behaviour is painstaking, but the question is if this research and the option to switch the script on/off is needed at all. Is there a use case where one needs to switch on/off the script (in the middle of editing)? I don't have any, but I might not be a representative editor.
Btw one doesn't lose the segments during editing when one have installed WME Permalink Updater.  It's useful when the blank left pane bug that is still not solved. The script enables a reload and to continue the state of WME before the reload.

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
G_W1Z wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:54 pm When I try to use the URO+ feature of 'Delete closure - apply to all' to delete current/scheduled closures I get a message in the left panel saying 'Operation not supported.' I believe this is due to there being finished closures still associated/showing in the closure panel.

PL example: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=41759584

1.png

I tested this URO+ feature with a segment that isn't showing any finished closures and it works normally.

That’s not related to uro+, but a general issue. It’s already reported.

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Twister-UK wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:49 pm Yes, it is related to URO+, because without URO+ the button for deleting all closures doesn't exist  ;)

G_W1Z, thanks for the report, I've only just observed the same thing happening here, so it's already (just!) on my to-do list for the next release...

The issue happens also without that button. I have an issue with a user defined closure in the past that has never started and can’t be changed/deleted resulting with the same error. The extra uro+ button is never used in this case, so imo it’s a general issue.
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Twister-UK wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 pm
m4rc072 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 am If I activate URO+ the left side panel of the WME becomes completely blank when I select a segment

I can replicate this in WME beta, but as I no longer actively support use of my scripts within that environment, this isn't something I'd be in any hurry to fix.

If you can replicate in beta, is it something that be shared with us (and maybe can HQ can use it for fixing things) or is it just URO+ only causing this issue?

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
HI,

It seems that there is an issues (in beta) with streetview for PURs. When I click on the SV incon, the SV pane remains black. It only happens when URO+ is enabled in tampermonkey. When swithes off, the SV pane shows.
SV_PUR.jpg
(142.61 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
 Cheers,

Eddy
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Hi,

I found another issue (in beta). When I try to put a new place on the map, the whole window scrolls until I click for a second time on the map. It doesn't happen when URO+ is disabled.
Here is a video

Cheers,

Eddy

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message