Road Closures 2016

Post by Nacron
Going to list the status of non-roadwork related closures here. Post if you know of an event that needs to be closed or has already been set to add to the list.

12/26/2015 9:00a-12:00p
WATER FOR THE WORLD RUN sponsored by Water for the World Run Inc. The event expected to have 6,000 runners. It will start at the Waikiki Shell, to Monsarrat Ave., to Paki St., to Kapahulu, to Kalakaua Ave., to Monsarrat Ave., to Paki, to Poni Moi St, to Kalakaua Ave., to Monsarrat Ave. to finish at Waikiki Shell.

Status: Closures: East side of Paki Ave Eastbound 8:00a-10:30a, rest of route will be contraflowed.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 5,85403840

01/01/2016 7:00a-9:00a
BOSETTI 10K RUN sponsored by the Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club. The run is expected to have 100 runners. It will start Kealahou St. near Sandy Beach, to Hawaii Kai Dr., to Lunalilo Home Rd., turnaround on Kolokolo St., to Lunalilo Home Rd., to Hawaii Kai Dr., to end at Kealahou St.

01/01/2016 8:00a-11:00a
LANIKAI WOES DAY RUN/PARADE sponsored by the Lanikai Community Association. The run is expected to have 75 runners. Parade will consist of 40 marchers, 5 vehicles and 10 floats. The event will start at Aalapapa Drive to Mokulua Drive and return to Aalapapa Drive.

01/02/2016 4:00p-10:00p
ANOTHER GREAT YEAR FESTIVAL sponsored by Millwood Ohana Productions. The event is expected to have 25,000+ participants. The event will close Kalakaua Avenue., all lanes and sidewalk areas from Lewers St. to Kealohilani Ave. Lane closures start at 5:30pm for set up.

Status: Closure set on Kalakaua Ave btwn Lewers St & Kealohilani Ave 4:00p-10:00p
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 7,57540515

01/03/2016 7:00a-10:00a
BOB & RON'S 5K RUN sponsored by the Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club. The run is expected to have 200 runners. It will start at Monsarrat Ave., to makai jog path of Paki Ave., to Poni Moi path, to Kalakaua Ave. path (2 loops) and finish at Hon. Marathon finish line on Kalakaua Ave.

01/09/2016 9:00a-12:00p
THE BUBBLE RUN sponsored byThe Bubble Run LLC. The event is expected to have 6,000 participants. It will start at Hornet Ave., to Roosevelt Ave., to Franklin St., to Saratoga Ave., to Boxer Rd., to Roosevelt Ave., to Tulagi Ave., to Forrestal Ave., to Roosevelt Ave., to end at Hornet Ave.

01/16/2016 10:00a-6:00p
A TASTE OF KALIHI FESTIVAL sponsored by The Filipino Chamber of Commerce. The block party is expected to have 7,500 participants. The event will close Colburn St. for setup at 5:00 am. The event will close all travel lanes and sidewalks on Colburn St. from McNeil St. to entrance of Dillingham Plaza.

Status: Closure set on Colburn St btwn McNeil St & Dillingham Plaza PLR 5:00a-6:00p
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=79018956

01/17/2016 7:00a-8:30a
HAROLD CHAPSON MEMORIAL 8K RUN sponsored by Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club. The event is expected to have 200 runners. It will start at Kapiolani Park Bandstand at Monsarrat Ave., to Kalakaua Ave., to Diamond Hd Rd., to Kahala Ave., to Paikau St., counterclockwise around Triangle Park, to Diamond Hd Rd., to Kalakaua Ave., to finish at Hon. Marathon Finish Line.

01/18/2016 9:00a-12:00p
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY PARADE sponsored by Martin Luther King Coalition. The event is expected to have 2,000 marchers, 100 vehicles, 20 floats, 6 bands. It will start at Ala Moana Park, to Ala Moana Blvd., to Kalakaua Ave., to Monsarrat Ave., end at Waikiki Shell Parking Lot in Queen Kapiolani Park

01/30/2016 7:00a-9:30a
JOHNNY FAERBER 10K RUN sponsored by RRCA/Mid Pacific Roadrunners Club. The event is expected to have 300 runners. It will start on Kalakaua Ave., to Diamond Head Rd., to Kahala Ave., to Paikau St., to Diamond Head Rd., to 22nd Ave., to Kilauea Ave., to Elepaio St., to Kahala Ave., to Diamond Head Rd., to Kalakaua Ave., to finish at Honolulu Marathon finish line area.

01/30/2016 8:00a-9:30a
NEWMAN CENTER FUN RUN/WALK sponsored by the Newman Center. The event is expected to have 200 runners. The event will start at St. Francis School grounds, to Pamoa Rd., to Alaula Way., to Woodlawn Dr., to Kahaloa Dr., to U turn at Manoa Valley Field, to Kahaloa Dr., to Woodlawn Dr., to Alaula Way, to Pamoa Rd., end at Newman Center on UH campus.

01/30/2016 9:00a-11:00p
NIGHT IN CHINATOWN STREET FESTIVAL sponsored by the Chinatown Merchants Association. The event is expected to have 15,000 + participants. Traffic will be diverted starting 5:30 am for setup. The event will close all traffic lanes/sidewalk areas: 1) MAUNAKEA ST., Beretania St to King St., 2) PAUAHI ST., River St to Nuuanu Ave., 3) HOTEL ST, Richards St. to River St., 4) SMITH ST, Pauahi St. to Beretania St.

Status: Closure set on Maunakea St btwn Beretania St & King St, Pauahi St btwn River St & Nuuanu Ave, Hotel St btwn Richards St & River St, Smith St btwn Pauahi St & Bertetania St 9:00a-11:00p
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 0,57540200

01/30/2016 3:30p-6:00p
NIGHT IN CHINATOWN PARADE sponsored by the Chinatown Merchants Association. Parade will consist of 200 marchers, 20 vehicles & 2 bands. It will start at Richards St./Hotel St., to Hotel St., ewa bound to end at Smith St.

Status: Already closed for Night in Chinatown Street Festival

01/31/2016 7:00a-10:00a
SHARON'S RUN/WALK 5K/10K AND RIDE sponsored by the Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii. The event is expected to have 450 runners, and 200 cyclists. RUN/WALK COURSE: Start at KCC, to Diamond Head Rd., to Kahala Ave., turnaround near Ft. Ruger Park and back to finish at Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Parking Lot E 10K- continue to Kahala Ave., to turnaround at Kealaolu St., to Kahala Ave., to Diamond Head Rd., to finish at KCC Parking Lot. RIDE COURSE: Start at Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Lot, to Diamond Head Rd., to Kahala Ave., to Kealaolu St., to Kalanianaole Hwy., to Lunalilo Home Rd., to Hawaii Kai Dr., to Kealahou St., to Kalanianaole Hwy., to Keolu Dr., to Wanaao Rd., to Kailua Rd., to Kalaheo Ave., to Kawailoa Rd., to Aalapapa Dr., to Mokula Dr., to Kawailoa Rd., to Kalapawai Store 75K turnaround pt., going back to Kilauea Ave., to 18th Ave., to Diamond Head Rd., to finish at KCC.

Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:19879

Send a message
Last edited by Nacron on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Machete808
Great idea! Just curious: What was the source of the list? Also: Is this just for closures we set ourselves using the real-time closure tool in WME?

If not, you can add to the list:

Status: Waze approved for Mega Traffic Event, closure sheet in process
02/15/2016 7:00a-10:00
GREAT ALOHA RUN. The run is expectead to have 20,000+ runners. It will start at Aloha Tower, follow Nimitz and Kamehameha Hwys to Salt Lake Blvd and end at Aloha Stadium.

Status: Not yet submitted for Mega Traffic Event, but closure sheet is prepared
12/11/2016 5:00a-11:00a
HONOLULU MARATHON. The run is expected to have 30,000+ runners. It will start at Ala Moana and spans downtown, Waikiki and East Honolulu routes.

(Luckily for me I hung onto my closure sheet that arrived too late for GAR last year and already have the data for the new sheet. Saved a copy of the marathon sheet, too)

Maybe we can agree on standards for what qualifies as a Mega Traffic Event. I mean GAR and the Marathon are obvious, but probably any event that involves major destinations such as Waikiki or downtown, or one that spans multiple neighborhoods, could qualify. (There are the various half marathons, for example.) Waze actually makes the call on that, but they seem pretty liberal about approving them.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Machete808
Nacron wrote:
This is from the city & county road usage permit site. I just got a reply back from the Water for the World run, that actually has closures around kapiolani park. The other smaller runs I got replies back saying there will be no closures, I assume the ones on road will probably only use one lane
Do you have a link for that site?

Actually, I think I'm going to request a Mega Event for the Hapalua, the Half Marathon that's on 4/10. Here are the scheduled closures:

http://thehapalua.com/traffic-advisory/

Also the Ironman, 6/4:

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/4ad9b064 ... ehonu1.pdf
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Nacron
Machete808 wrote:Great idea! Just curious: What was the source of the list? Also: Is this just for closures we set ourselves using the real-time closure tool in WME?

If not, you can add to the list:

02/15/2016 7:00a-10:00
GREAT ALOHA RUN. The run is expectead to have 20,000+ runners. It will start at Aloha Tower, follow Nimitz and Kamehameha Hwys to Salt Lake Blvd and end at Aloha Stadium.

Status: Not yet submitted for Mega Traffic Event, but closure sheet is prepared
12/11/2016 5:00a-11:00a
HONOLULU MARATHON. The run is expected to have 30,000+ runners. It will start at Ala Moana and spans downtown, Waikiki and East Honolulu routes.

(Luckily for me I hung onto my closure sheet that arrived too late for GAR last year and already have the data for the new sheet. Saved a copy of the marathon sheet, too)

Maybe we can agree on standards for what qualifies as a Mega Traffic Event. I mean GAR and the Marathon are obvious, but probably any event that involves major destinations such as Waikiki or downtown, or one that spans multiple neighborhoods, could qualify. (There are the various half marathons, for example.) Waze actually makes the call on that, but they seem pretty liberal about approving them.
This is from the city & county road usage permit site. I just got a reply back from the Water for the World run, that actually has closures around kapiolani park. The other smaller runs I got replies back saying there will be no closures, I assume the ones on road will probably only use one lane
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Nacron
Added these as closures:
June 25, 2016 6:00PM -10:00PM
MURPHY'S HAWAII CHILDREN'S CANCER FOUNDATION BLOCK PARTY sponsored by Murphy's Bar & Grill/HCCF. The event is expected to have 200+ participants. The event will close MERCHANT ST., from Nuuanu Ave. to Bethel St. from 7 am for setup.

July 2, 2016 5:00PM - 10:00PM
MOILIILI SUMMER FEST sponsored by Kalaimoku Group. The event is expected to have 5,000+ participants. The event will close Coyne St., all lanes, between University Ave St. to Bingham St. Lane closures start at 12noon.

July 16, 2016 6:00PM - 11:00PM
HONOLULU NIGHT MARKET BLOCK PARTY SERIES sponsored by Street Grindz, LLC. The event expected to have 2,000+ participants. The event will close Auahi St., all lanes, from Coral St. to Keawe St.

July 30, 2016 4:00PM - 8:00PM
FEED THE SOUL STREET FEST sponsored by Alea Bridge. The event is expected to have 2,000+ participants. The event will close California Ave. all lanes, from Mahele St. to Kaalalo Pl. Lane closures start at 3 pm.

August 18, 2016 6:00PM - 10:00PM
MURPHY'S PIGSKIN PIGOUT BLOCK PARTY sponsored by Murphy's Bar & Grill. The event is expected to have 1,000+ participants. The event will close MERCHANT ST., from Nuuanu Ave. to Bethel St. Lanes will be closed at 6 pm.

August 20, 2016 6:00PM - 11:00PM
HONOLULU NIGHT MARKET BLOCK PARTY SERIES sponsored by Street Grindz, LLC. The event expected to have 2,000+ participants. The event will close Auahi St., all lanes, from Coral St. to Keawe St

September 17, 2016 5:30PM - 11:00PM
ALOHA FESTIVALS WAIKIKI HO'OLAULEA/STREET FEST sponsored by Aloha Week Hawaii, Inc/AlohaFestivals/Waikiki Improvement Association. The event expected to have 15,000+ participants. Makai curb lane of Kalakaua Ave. will be closed from 2 pm for setup. The event will close Kalakaua Avenue, all lanes from Lewers St. to Kealohilani Ave at 4 pm.

September 17, 2016 6:00PM - 11:00PM
HONOLULU NIGHT MARKET BLOCK PARTY SERIES sponsored by Street Grindz, LLC. The event expected to have 2,000+ participants. The event will close Auahi St., all lanes, from Coral St. to Keawe St.
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message