These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

What is this icon?

Post by AggieJM
What is the black marker icon in this screenshot? I couldn't select it and get more info like most other map markers. This is the first one I've seen like it. I'm in the middle of a trip, and won't have time to check the maps on the website till I get back.

Just curious what it was signifying.

Thanks!
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message
Attachments

Post by Aanorn
Hmm, it looks like the pin you drop when you long press on the map. But I can't figure out how to make one without a bubble attached showing the address there.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
So if I didn't place the pin there, is this something permanent on the map? Or was I somehow seeing pins placed by someone else?
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
You probably placed it there by accident. If you hold your finger on a part of the map where there isn't any road, that's all that comes up. I've inadvertently done it just handling my iPhone while Waze is running.

(A slightly better translation of what pulsarxp said) :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by pulsarxp
Yes, you are push involved a random length of the screen is an area where there is no way.
pulsarxp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://sign.waze.tools/images/signatures/cones-6.png
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S9 Plus : Android 9.0.0
Car: Peugeot 206 SW

Post by robin1979
Also, if you start Waze from a waze://?ll=51.506321,-0.127140 link, it will place such a pin on the map in the specified location.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe