Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
currently using 0.4.2.2
Can not figure out how to get it to allow me to run a WME and a beta session simultaneously in different tabs and switch a newly opened tab between beta and WME.

If I am using beta, it seems I must disable WMEKmL before I can open a new tab in WME.
likewise, if I am using WME, I must disable WMEKmL before I can open a new tab in beta.

In either of these cases, it seems to have lost the saved settings.

Also, the 'toggle' seems to disappear.
Maybe I just don't know the proper magic words and arcane gestures?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
TheLastTaterTot wrote:
bz2012 wrote:currently using 0.4.2.2
Can not figure out how to get it to allow me to run a WME and a beta session simultaneously in different tabs and switch a newly opened tab between beta and WME.

If I am using beta, it seems I must disable WMEKmL before I can open a new tab in WME.
likewise, if I am using WME, I must disable WMEKmL before I can open a new tab in beta.

In either of these cases, it seems to have lost the saved settings.

Also, the 'toggle' seems to disappear.
Maybe I just don't know the proper magic words and arcane gestures?
The Alt-key switch was designed to address many of the current limitations you mentioned, but it did not play well with WME Toolbox. Every time KMLayers tried to change the PL link to the other editor mode, Toolbox would immediately change it back. I'm in the process of implementing something else right now that will work alongside TB.

Btw, instead of disabling KMLayers, why not just disable the Beta/Prod toggle by double-clicking it?
can not click on it because it has vanished. Nothing I do will bring it back until I disable the extension, reload the tab, enable the extension, reload the tab.
The reason the toggle disappears between the two editors is because http://www.waze.com and editor-beta.waze.com are considered separate "domains" as far as the browser is concerned and cannot easily share settings. If you set the settings for the beta editor like how you've done in the production editor, the toggle should come back. However, I'm working on an option to keep the two editors synchronized, but there will be slight increase in the processing overhead for this feature. This is only a minor concern for people using slower computers.

In any case, I'm actually kind of confused re running beta/prod simultaneously in separate tabs. Why use the beta/prod toggle at all if you desire switching back and forth? Would you help me understand your situation better by describing how you are working in WME and what you desire the script do with respect to the two editors?
Often the editor (either WME or beta) stops working properly. Mouse over fails to have any effect on segments, so they can not be selected.
One way around this is to either click on the permalink icon or use the toolbox toggle to open in the 'other' editor (if I am in WME, it opens a new session in a new tab in beta and vice versa).
browser is chrome with latest updates, os is win7 ent with latest updates.

And as for why keeping both open, sometimes I am trying to figure out what is going on and why. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I don't know what happened but KML started acting up this morning. The toggle disappeared, the layers selector disappeared and KML kept changing back to WME from beta until I turned KML off. (even when I tried adding '&b=0' to the url. When I did that, something added '&I=0' or something like that and beta gave an error message about not being able to find some file)

I didn't see anything else 'updated' this morning but could have missed seeing something.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I have been having a problem with KML in Chrome (actually a couple)
The production/beta slide keeps disappearing. So, to go to the other, I need to disable KML.

I wish that slide DISABLED KML's forcing of the choice of WME/WME beta.

The slide could allow the forcing feature to be on/off.

If off, then I could switch freely between WME and WME beta by just editing the URL on the site bar.
If on, then it would remember the current site and force that for any WME urls.

That would make life much easier.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
RussPA wrote:
bz2012 wrote:The production/beta slide keeps disappearing. So, to go to the other, I need to disable KML.
If the KML beta/prod toggle doesn't work, Toolbox has a beta/prod button in its toolbar that works fine.
The toggle 'works'. I just can't get to it, most of the time, it is covered by the other extension 'mini-tabs'. Sometimes, I can see it in WME but when I turn on beta and go to beta, I can't see it to turn it off when I want to go back to non beta, so I have to turn off KML. That means I lose the other features of KML.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
edsonajj wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I wish that slide DISABLED KML's forcing of the choice of WME/WME beta.

The slide could allow the forcing feature to be on/off.

If off, then I could switch freely between WME and WME beta by just editing the URL on the site bar.
If on, then it would remember the current site and force that for any WME urls.

That would make life much easier.
The slider can indeed disable that function, just click on it two times on quick succession and the “button” inside of it will show wider and the function will be disabled.
Unfortunately, when I double clicked on the button, it said 'disabled' and seems to have disabled ALL functions of KML. It is now 'as if' I turned it off in Tampermonkey.

I don't have any 'kept layers' in my layer chooser, and the slider is gone, so I can't turn it on again.
Will try 'disable / enable' the extension and see what happens.

EDIT: disable followed by reload followed by enable followed by reload for both WME and beta:
results: beta still missing the 'layers choices' but WME now has them and the slider is visible and in the 'disabled' mode.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I suspect that the beta is 'designed' to make 'KML' unnecessary.
KML also seems 'broken' in WME, now, but some other script may be breaking it.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by cedricvondk
keepmylayers does not remember Junction Angle info
cedricvondk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by cedricvondk
keep my Layer fonctionne pas !