Post by jasonh300
jasonh300 wrote:I haven't had a permissions update since the first time I drove with Waze activated.
Here's a screen cap. The red outline is roughly where my permissions should be showing, not that any of this matters because I have AM status throughout that area, but it indicates to me that something's wrong. This hasn't changed since around October 31.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5909/unled1yt.png
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Ok. I thought it was already fixed. I drove that area in the past few days.

Curiously, the first time I used Waze for a long trip was on October 28 and by Oct 31, I had editing rights all the way up I- 59 into central Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:And I prefer yyyymmdd or yyyy-mm-dd because it 's the only one that sorts numerically.
Agreed. This format should be universally adopted. I own a printing company, and I put the date like that at the beginning of filenames for some customers.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Okay, new problem here...I don't know if it's just happening to me or if it's everybody...

I've been doing a copy/paste of my scoreboard into a Word document every day to track my progress.

I noticed last Sunday that I didn't seem to be getting as many points as I was before. I started doing the math (edits*1.5, posts*2/3, miles*5, etc.) and found that I'm not getting any points for the bonus editing candies I'm picking up every day when I drive.

I've been getting 4x750 candies a day. I also got my 500 point candy for being top in my state. None of these points ever hit my scoreboard.

I sent an e-mail to support the other day, and haven't gotten a reply. With the new dynamic trouble reporting, I wasn't sure if the email go to anyone, so I put in a report there. I realize this is pretty low priority, and I don't want to make a big deal about it, but now I'm missing about 12,000-15,000 points and I want to see my name in the top spot for the week! :lol:

Is anyone else keeping track like I am that can see if they're having the same issue?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The candies are definitely a bonus for editing then driving. It should give you 3 points per edit in increments of 500 edits) if you catch all the candies.

I've been doing roughly 2000 edits a day and I've been getting the 4 candies, but not getting the points. Before, I was getting about 6000 points a day between the edits and the candies...that's how I managed to get 34,000 points last week (I had one day with no editing).

As I said, the issue extends to the 500 point candy for the top Wazer, and another user reported his 5 Facebook Friends candy didn't update...I referenced this thread in a reply to that Wazer.

I've emailed support and sent a report through the Support page, but haven't heard anything back yet.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
When I reconcile the points I got versus the stuff I did on the scoreboard, it comes out pretty close when I figure 1.5 points per edit (and everything else on the score calculation Wiki). The only thing that's changed is I'm not getting the points on the bonus candies.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I finally got in contact with Dror last night about the editing candy points, and he's looking into it. I'm going to try to get the specifics about the point values for everything while I'm at it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I finally pointed them to the numbers they needed to look at and they recognized the problem. Apparently it's been going on on the World server for a LONG time, and it just started on the US server a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't just the candies, but also some driving points, and hazard reporting points.

They started a process on the world server a couple of days ago to fix it, so that's why there was a jump in points over there.

There's a note about the whole thing on the status page.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:As long as everybody has a backlog it doesn't matter in the end - but these sure are exiting times!
Correct...when I first noticed it, I was worried that it was a problem on my client end. I had been doing these marathon editing sessions for about 10 days and had maintained close to first place since they fixed the weekly stats. Then all of a sudden palmerit was way ahead of me. I was wondering if I was the only one.

Now of course I realize that palmerit is a very enthusiastic editor and I've run out of two-way no-turn-restriction suburbia and I'm slowing down a bit. :D
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Now of course I realize that palmerit is a very enthusiastic editor and I've run out of two-way no-turn-restriction suburbia and I'm slowing down a bit. :D
Run out? You must not be looking too hard, need a bigger area to manage, need to take a drive to another area to get editing rights, or need to work quickly towards 200k edits so you can edit anywhere in the US. You can then spend your entire life fixing the rest of them!
I didn't run out of places to edit, just ran out of two-ways with unrestricted turns. I wanted to get New Orleans complete before I started branching out. Uptown New Orleans is full of one-way streets that switch directions every few blocks, are two way near major streets...sometimes...and I truly believe there are areas that you can drive into and there's no way out without violating a one-way. Seriously, there's no rhyme or reason as to the pattern of one-way streets. I got all of these done, but it took DAYS to do it. (Of course, it all appears to be undone with this database sync issue, which is driving me crazy.)

So now I've expanded my editable area to include some of the more outlying suburbs of New Orleans. And some of them are really messed up. The basemaps seem to have included every driveway in some subdivisions. I get a headache just looking at it. The main drag, Ormond Blvd, through a huge subdivision in Destrehan, LA had about 400 driveways attached to it. I suspect routing would've never sent anyone down that street. I had a lot of "incorrect driving directions" URs in that area.

Anyway, on a different note, I took the day off from editing yesterday and woke up this morning to 24,000 extra points, so I guess the candy bug has resolved itself!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message