Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dmcconachie
fotrik wrote:And BTW, how can I "Stop navigation" in this almost-3.0 version? In 1.x and 2.x I touched the next-turn icon on the map and got window with few options including "stop navigation" and "mute", if I remember correctly. But in this version? Is it already implemented? If yes, how?
Menu (left) button!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
bgodette wrote:Someone seems to have flipped a switch. For the first time ever I got a "near you now" box on the Android beta.
Looking forward to getting these in the UK, I hear it shouldn't be too long!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Please use beta .120.

Thread locked
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by DonJ2
c0c0c0 wrote: Also Waze is still having bonding issues with Foursquare. I still have to go through the routine of going up to the Foursquare login screen and then backing out a couple of screens to be able to get to the list of places to check in to. After that it will be fine for 2-3 checkins, then I have to go through the process again.
I'm seeing the same issue with Foursquare login/checkin. Sometimes waze will display the connect screen, you press connect, then get the login screen, but if you just back out of from here you will then get the list of venues for checkin. At least I don't need to type in my login information again, but still these screens should not display if you're already connected. Maybe the connect is needed to get you re-connected, but it appears that the login screen is not necessary when waze already has your credentials to use for login.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by Ex1m1us
Hi,

Samsung Galaxy Note (2.3.6)

The map updates are flickering when you change speed, lets say from 120kmh to 70kmh.
What happens is that the application loads more road info. In non beta waze this goes smooth.
In this version (Also previous beta's) it takes up to one second before everything of the map is displayed, you really see it building up every part of the screen

I think this is caused by the resolution of the device, Waze shows really a lot of map on this device.
Ex1m1us
Send a message

Post by fotrik
Disabled auto-zoom BUG
1. Settings -> Advanced -> Auto zoom -> No auto zoom
2. Set your desired fixed zoom, e.g. I prefer to always see all streets in 2D to check the map around me. It should always keep the zoom level but...
3. Drive somewhere to move on the map.
4. Stop and wait for traffic reports pop-up window. When it opens the zoom level is changed and the map moves to the report location.
5. Don't move and close the pop-up window via the Close button. The map moves back to your position and to your zoom level set.
6. Still don't move and end the application.
7. Run the application again. It shows the map at your position but the zoom level is changed to the level of the last open report window.
fotrik
Send a message
https://wazestats.com/Waze-sig-fotrik.pnghttps://wazestats.com/images/wazestats-logo.png

Post by fotrik
And BTW, how can I "Stop navigation" in this almost-3.0 version? In 1.x and 2.x I touched the next-turn icon on the map and got window with few options including "stop navigation" and "mute", if I remember correctly. But in this version? Is it already implemented? If yes, how?
fotrik
Send a message
https://wazestats.com/Waze-sig-fotrik.pnghttps://wazestats.com/images/wazestats-logo.png

Post by FreeMan12
Just installed it on my HTC Incredible, rooted, SkyRaider4.3 ROM.

the navigate slider still sticks when swiped.

I'll take it for a test drive later.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by fuzzyBSc
Two general thoughts - not completely specific to this version:
1. Waze asks whether I want to turn it off if less than 20% battery remains - even if it is attached to the car charger, and exits by default if my hands are busy doing something... I don't know - driving! :) This seems like a misfeature. Could it at least default to continuing navigation if it is plugged in to my car charger?
2. If my GPS is off, it tells me this - but unlike the google maps application it doesn't automatically take me to the GPS options tab on my phone. Could it be made to do that?
fuzzyBSc
Send a message

Post by georgem69
Just noticing that this version seems to take longer to realize I'm not on the recommended route. Eventually recalculates another route but the stable version felt like it did it faster. The beta takes a little while before deciding to recalculate or realize I'm taking a different route. Of course it could be coincidental that the GPS itself wasn't picking stuff up, but I don't recall this happening before with the stable one.

Loving the new UI though!

Thanks!
georgem69
Send a message
T-Mobile HTC Sensation w/ Ice Cream Sandwich