These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by googlick
Motorola Milestone, stock ROM 2.1-upd1 (overclocked to 1100 MHz)

I've got FC today during driving, log file is attached
googlick
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Grid64
LG Optimus M - Gingerbread (2.3.7) - Running CM7.1

I notice two things:
1. The odometer has disappeared.
2. Whenever making a destination, if you let the screen that states the ETA and miles remaining to close by itself then the "Calculating route" animation doesn't disappear at all. In order to bypass this, you can set a destination and close the popup before Waze does it by itself.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Grid64
waasup42 wrote:Phone spontaneously rebooted while driving without navigating a route. Battery charge was over 40%.
Restarted Waze and submitted logs.

Don't recall doing any Cookie munching yesterday, but today's scoreboard showed 100 Cookie Eater meters. The previous betas (114,117) did not record any Cookie Eater meters for me even though I drove roads with dots.

While Cookie munching today after the reboot, the Pacman icon was displayed for several seconds after turning on to a regular road. Also, the screen did not update. Eventually the car icon did re-appear and the map refreshed. Will check tomorrow to see if Cookie Eater meters were recorded.
Waze just recently added some points from the holiday candy and I think cookie munching as well. It was part of their backlog for a while.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by harling
During a short drive this afternoon, I found the controls and overall look & feel to be very good, and I had no problems with basic driving functionality.

Upon launch, it suggested a route and started navigating--and I could not figure out how to tell it to stop! After a couple minutes of hunting around for what used to be accessible via the green info bar at the bottom of the display, I ended up exiting the app and re-launching--and had to tell it (twice) that I didn't want to navigate anywhere. No problems after that.

A couple hours later, I also noticed that the Waze "outline" icon was still in the status bar at the top of the display, even though the application had been closed for a very long time.

(Samsung Transform, Android 2.2.2)
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
dmcconachie wrote:
fotrik wrote:And BTW, how can I "Stop navigation" in this almost-3.0 version?
Menu (left) button!
I had trouble finding it too. It's in the menu behind the left on-screen button--but only when the client is already navigating.

FWIW, I was using Waze today (Samsung Transform, Android 2.2.2) and had a few problems:
  • The "Calculating route" animation in the middle of the screen wouldn't go away, even while following the route, and even after I had reached my destination.
  • Exiting from Waze and re-launching didn't help; as soon as it asked me if I wanted to continue navigating, the animation would be back on the screen.
  • At one point, both the map and audio got way behind my actual position & progress. The app (and the phone in general) was very unresponsive, so I'm thinking this Beta is using quite a bit more CPU than the latest market version.
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
This evening, when I started up Waze my phone was having trouble getting a GPS fix. It eventually got it, and the map started moving and placing me at the correct location, but the "Unable to get GPS" message at the top of the Waze screen remained on until I closed the client.

Samsung Transform, Android 2.2.2
harling
Send a message

Post by heidricha
ZTE Blade CM ROM (latest private build).

I see the same "garbage map" until the first complete redraw. Taking a screenshot, or putting waze in the backgroun (Home) and getting it into the front again helps.
heidricha
Send a message

Post by heidricha
The route planner still does not work while moving. Whenever I try to find route, it always ends in "routing server timeout". This was always the same in version 2 as well. It usually works if I stop.
All other application using mobile net works fine (like Google navigation f.e.).
heidricha
Send a message

Post by Hin3K
DELL Streak 5

I just installed this version, didn't do field test yet, just "on the bed" one :-)
I do not see any graphics glitches anymore.
All menus and buttons work as they should.

It's the most stable version so far.
I do not see anything you could improve for my mobile.

Good job waze team :-)
Hin3K
Send a message

Post by Hin3K
Instigater wrote:Favorites import with international characters still doesn't work. I have recreated that one favorite at least dozen of times. This realy starts to annoy me! :evil:
Calm down mister. They are working on it.
I'm sure there is plenty to do and your problem may not be the most important.
Little bit of patience.

BTW, on DELL Streak 5 road munching doesn't always work. Just noticed that recently.
Hin3K
Send a message