These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by VinzR87
Please look at the two screenshots attached.
When I check alternative itineraries, I really want to see the street through which it passes.
As you can see, both in portrait mode there is not enough space to show the complete name of the streets.

In portrait mode, if you throw away the word "attraverso", italian for "through", you would have enough space for displaying the information of which streets I will pass through.

In landscape mode is even more weird, since the space is there, but it's misused. I don't need the events bar half screen long. Reduce its length, and throw away the word "attraverso", and let me read the streets the itinerary will pass through.

It is clearly a bug, since you can notice that it's actually possible to read more characters in portrait mode than in landscape mode.
VinzR87
Send a message
Attachments

Post by wazCris
Darn. I wish they would make the icons more readable and easy to distinguish. It's a key part of the WAZE experience. And they managed to mess it up. Badly.
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
Only serious companies proud of satisfying customer requests have detailed change logs! ;)
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
Where are these changes being reported? I found nothing on WAZE blog
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
OK, I managed to take a 45 minute trip today using version 4.01. Here is what I'm finding so far:
-Night theme has a Cyan navigation line now. Much better.
-Hazard icons bubbles etc appear to be larger over all than on version 4. Better.
-North up lock seems to work fine.

That's it. I cannot find any other differences.

Big problem for me remains, which is the thickness of the navigation line. It's at times even thicker than the actual road and covers traffic coloring along my way. This is a big problem.
I now realize this also affects my perception of distance to next turn. Because the line is so thick, next turn always seems to be much more imminent than it really is. I find myself slowing down waaaaay ahead of the next turn which may be 0.2 miles away.

PLEASE FIX THIS and we are nearing perfection again.
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
Distorted how?
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
I noticed this too
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
I like the beep alerting me of reroute! I guess traffic alerts would be annoying however.
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
I don't think I ever noticed as before, but on 4.01 when you share a drive the line color changes for your navigation path.
wazCris
Send a message

Post by wazCris
The changes Made to 4.01 are positive and significant. Particularly the bubbles always show up large and clear at normal driving zoom levels. Perfect.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447855020.763443.jpg
(156.13 KiB) Downloaded 1186 times
wazCris
Send a message