Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Trucker mode for Waze

Post by Billytree
My suggestion is to have reports specifically for truck drivers to alert other truckers of clearances and bridge weight limits on local roads.
Billytree

POSTER_ID:4976932

Send a message

Post by bgodette
WeeeZer14 wrote:Could be like a speed cam or red light cam. It is a permanent fixture on the map that alerts the driver as they approach.

Of course by that point it may be too late to take the over height detour which may be established.

In any case, I think a similar request must already exist on User Voice.
"The ideal GPS app" would include in it's list of features, support for vehicle height, length, width, empty and full weight, number of axels, turning radius, and fuel type. Everything above would need to be part of the map and routing system.

Someday London or LA may pass a law restricting access to electric drive (phev/ev/hydrogen) only in parts of the city, and everything else is a common restriction today.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
fvwazing wrote:In Paris, someone collected all the spectacular crashes of just one tunnel in Paris.

No matter how bad all these crashes are, I do not see why Waze should generate a REPORT for that. Maybe the original poster wanted to suggest that Waze could maintain a "Max.Headroom"-value per segment?
Wow, 7 foot 10" is some seriously low clearance. The current Mercedes-Benz Sprinter wouldn't fit under there let alone that camper conversion that got munched.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Er... Do those values tend to change very often?

fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
In Paris, someone collected all the spectacular crashes of just one tunnel in Paris.

No matter how bad all these crashes are, I do not see why Waze should generate a REPORT for that. Maybe the original poster wanted to suggest that Waze could maintain a "Max.Headroom"-value per segment?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
This was briefly mentioned at the Waze Meet Up in Palo Alto. Per Waze, it's not a consideration at this point.

Maybe try CoPilot Truck North America.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jasonh300
There should be a "no trucks" checkbox in the editor. That would be easy enough.

It would keep people like me driving oversized rental trucks out of places like the Holland tunnel the parkways of NYC with their 9 foot overpasses.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by orla
Would it be possible to set road/street properties?
If possible to set limitations on à street.
Ex. Max weight, Max height. Even open times. Ex 06-23 (cities) or april-october ( closed during winter)

And then you should be able to set your vehicle properties in My Waze.
Maybe Even be able to have more then one wehicle stored. Ex you drive à truck daytime and your car otherwise.

Just ideas to improve The already most innovative and smartest GPS there is. :)
orla
Send a message

Post by orla
Additional Bonus:
If setting vehicle type, it should be possible to calculate different speeds.
In Sweden The trucks speed is limited to 80 km/h meaning that trucks have a lower average speed on certain roads.

Still see this as a great option. To get warnings if My vehicle is to high to pass under low bridges of to heavy to pass over.

Still think this is The best GPS app. :)
orla
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Could be like a speed cam or red light cam. It is a permanent fixture on the map that alerts the driver as they approach.

Of course by that point it may be too late to take the over height detour which may be established.

In any case, I think a similar request must already exist on User Voice.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator