Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by gertbroos
vince1612 wrote:Thanks gertbroos,

Could you also add the pedesrian sign for Switzerland with 20km/h as a value and also 70km/h. Turns out they rare but still more common than I thought and the buttons could be useful.
Done
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Robert04101 wrote:In the current version of WME Beta, WME Speedhelper adds the SLs to the first segment selected (when multiple segments are selected).
Haven't got access to WME Beta yet, so can't check/fix this at this time :(
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Timbones wrote:There is a bug within WME Speedhelper: If you select a mixture of 1-way segments (i.e. A->B and B->A) with an unverified speeds, and you select a speed, some of those segments don't get verified. WME then throws an error when you try to save about unverified speed limits.

For example: these two segments are in opposing directions. They have unverified speeds of 70 and 60 mph, although it doesn't matter what speeds they are.

If I select 70 mph, both of them get set correctly, but the northern one is left unverified (WME won't allow save). If I select 60 mph, then the northern one isn't changed at all - it should have set it to Verified. This should be replicatable with any pair of opposing segments with unverified speeds.

It seems like the script is correctly checking the fwdDirection and revDirection when setting the MaxSpeed, but not when clearing the MaxSpeedUnverified flag.
I will look into this. Thanks :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Update 0.5.3
  • Added Venezuela
  • Added Philippines
  • Added Kazakhstan
Thanks for the kind words :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
milkboy wrote:Oh, and I'd love to see something similar to this: https://gist.github.com/milkboy/0843689663f7351f9fa3 added if possible? Just something to quickly highlight the current speed limit sign, so it's easier to verify that the data it's actually valid (and the same in both directions).
I don't actually get what your after with this? :)

To check if the speed on a selected segment is verified or?
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
milkboy wrote:
gertbroos wrote:
milkboy wrote:Oh, and I'd love to see something similar to this: https://gist.github.com/milkboy/0843689663f7351f9fa3 added if possible? Just something to quickly highlight the current speed limit sign, so it's easier to verify that the data it's actually valid (and the same in both directions).
I don't actually get what your after with this? :)

To check if the speed on a selected segment is verified or?
Mainly a quick visual clue that the currently stored fwd/rev speeds are set to a valid value. I find it way quicker to glance at the speed signs to see the currently highlighted one than to look at both the numbers in the input fields below. Just an idea anyway :)
My suggestion? (as I'm not planning any major upgrades to the script at this time, except from new countries) Add your code to your own version and then change the version number at the top to somethin high, like 3.0.0

This way, your version will not be overwritten in the near future... :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message