These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by fique68
Go to app manager, force stop, clear cache, uninstall, reboot, reinstall. That should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
fique68
Send a message

Post by Fordskii
I had the same problem and i solved that issue by turning offthe scan via wifi\bluetouth even if its off in the location settings and it has worked great for me:D
Fordskii
Send a message

Post by francrubio
FGuaycuru wrote:
chankel wrote:Hello,

The message in the subject is what I get on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone since the beginning of this week (I translated it from french, so not sure it is the exact message, but it's its meaning). It worked fine before, and I didn't notice any system update at that date.

If I use Google maps instead, it works fine, so it is not a problem with the GPS signal or chipset. I have the same issue with and without Android Auto (no error message with Android auto, but no update of the position).

I can also use Waze on my professional phone (Samsung Galaxy A8, with same versions of Waze and Android)), and it works fine there, whether I use it in my car with Android Auto or without Android Auto.

I tried what I found on the help but nothing worked. I disconnected / reconnected to my account, uninstalled and installed again the application, ensured that GPS worked properly (it works fine with Google Maps), checked the authorizations (for sure I didn't change anything between sunday an monday), but I still have the same issue...

Does somebody here have other hints ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mathieu
I've been having the exact same issue in my Galaxy S8 and my wife's Galaxy S9. It's extremely annoying! It seems to have started approx. 1~2 weeks ago!

Guys could you do this:

[*] Open Waze
[*] Search for destination: "2##2" (without the "", this will activate debug mode)
[*] Wait for the error
[*] Go to the Report Menu (orange bubble)
[*] Select Debug (the bee, is going to send your waze logs to Waze servers)
[*] Optional: take a screenshot in order to remember the time of the day you did it
[*] Write here: waze user, day, time , utc/gmt , brand, model

With this info, our beta testers could report internally to the development team.
francrubio
Send a message

Post by Furry_
I think I found a solution!

I have a Moto G (1st Gen, 2013), and I had the same problem. I installed the app "Gps Test" from Play Store, cleared AGPS and updated AGPS. Once the app located me, I closed it and opened again waze.... and now when i push the orange button, it appears me all the options! (police, traffic, etc.)

I hope this works for you!
Furry_
Send a message

Post by Furry_
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... 278706.jpgDefinetely, it's a bug. I discovered that, if you push the report Button and you keep it pushed, you can send alerts with quick links.

Look at the image, and you'll see the shortcuts (police, traffic and danger). Once there, if you push one of them and then push back, you'll see all the options (look at the other image) http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... fcb9a6.jpg

Note: i created the police alert that you can see in the first image with this trick.
Furry_
Send a message

Post by gabovaca
I have a query , i buy an iPhone with IOS 9.3 and waze application gives me an error of GPS , notification indicates that failed the GPS signal connection. but the gps signal works with other apps.

thanks
gabovaca
Send a message

Post by GenericUsername4
One thing almost nobody does is calibrate their phone's compass.

Yes. Your phone actually has a compass and it does need recalibration from time to time.

You can also refresh your GPS.

Following this guide should get your GPS back on track:

https://techcult.com/how-to-improve-gps ... n-android/
GenericUsername4
Send a message

Post by Gianbribe
ekwkoo wrote:Now I found my Samsung s4 GPS which was used to work is not working now - same as my new iPhone 6+ and iPhone 5.

I then recalled that recently I had my original in-dash car stereo system (2007 Toyota Camry) replaced with a Pioneer AVH-X5750BT DVD AV Receiver. Ever since then, the GPS on all my phones is not working while I am driving. This is the case when I place the cell phone just above the new Pioneer system at the front row seat. But then, for testing purpose, I place the phone at the back seats, the GPS was working much better, though still not 100%. It seems the farther the cell phone away from the car stereo, the better the signal. Now I believe that somehow there is interference from the new Pioneer system that obstructing the proper operation of GPS.

This sounds weird but unfortunately this is what I experience. I need help to resolve this. Thanks in advance.
Hello: I have the same problem, I changed the original radio by the AVH-X5750BT and not fuciona by waze same as you describe. Could you solve the problem?
Gianbribe
Send a message

Post by globster2000
Hello,

I am having problems with Waze not finding GPS. I originally thought it was the device, but Google maps works and compass works on my device. I have reinstalled the app, cleared cache, clear data, and rebooted phone. I have also tested my sim card in my wife's phone and my old phone with no problems in GPS at all in Waze/navigation apps. I have even factory resetted my phone as a new phone and have only downloaded Waze with Waze showing the same result. I have made sure location is on and that high accuracy is on with both wifi and Bluetooth scanning on. So far, nothing has worked. I am running Android 6.0 with the February security patch on a moto x pure edition phone. I am unsure what you can do, but I am pretty sure that the problem lies with the app and not the device.
globster2000
Send a message

Post by gordovious
Same issue here with my new HTC One M9- my phone loses GPS *and* cell signal.
Waze worked fine on my HTC Amaze, but now with a new phone, updated operating system (5.0.2) and new version of Waze (3.9.4.0), it randomly drops out.
Now what? Who/where do we go?
Gordon
gordovious
Send a message