Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by caiofabiopb
I found a bug on "copy segment attributes" when it has to delete existing alternative names
version: 1.8.6 on Chrome 67.0.3396.62, Windows 10
caiofabiopb
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
Any questions regarding settings for México can be asked here, do not spam this thread with settings from México.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by carloslaso
When mapping new towns or areas in some cities I always have to select two segments and create an intersection, it becomes tedious for areas like this one (and this area does not have many):
http://i.imgur.com/KCQF9Nv.png

I vaguely remember cartouche did something like that. Can Toolbox add a button to create junctions for all segments on screen? Of course that if a segment has a different elevation it will not create a junction there.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
valginhak wrote:When I use the tool toolbox of measures, the pop-up window appears on the zoom control and does not drag it.
Same problem here:

I believe there will be a setting to move the zoom bar to the left but what if I, for some strange reason, would still like to leave it on the right? :o

Is there a way to leave the Toolbox Measurements on? I have a list of 60 places that are under 800m2, I have to enable the box and then click on "Place surface area" on each link I click.

I appreciate all your hard work and I believe my request falls under the 0.01% of the editors who will use that, I can patiently wait. :)
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
When I load WME I get a narrow search box:

It goes back to normal if I go into MTE mode:

It stays the same way when I leave MTE mode:

Is there a way to have the same format on all modes?
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
juankx wrote:Anyway, the other request, highlight the "unpaved" segments...
Color Highlights already does that.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
BellHouse wrote:I have no idea what it means when Chrome detects that an extension needs to be repaired.
It happens when I clear my browsing data in Google Chrome.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
bcea777 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:
bcea777 wrote:I don't see the Auto fix Revcons button anymore
That feature was disabled for Mexico by your Toolbox Country Coordinator.
I see,
thanks BellHouse
Indeed, it was disabled in México since it was confirmed by staff that revcons are not a problem anymore in routing. I am of the same opinion Timbones has in this post of his thread:
Timbones wrote: RevCons have not had any influence on routing for many years, and editors really don't need to worry about them. Concentrate on fixing the real issues...
I think Tim will remove other node highlights from his script. (This is where TB devs think or say "good for him")

My question for Toolbox: Is there a need for a tool to autofix something will fix nothing? I know revcon highlights are good to detect inexperienced/new editors, but can the highlight change from the pink exclamation point that used to mean trouble to some other icon? Maybe add a validation of ___ month(s) / Always, depending on what the countries that want them decide? Three year old revcons would not help me detect new editors.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
RafaCintron wrote:Hi.
I wish to be TbCC for the Dominican Republic. I currently manage the DR settings for Magic and URC.
BellHouse wrote: Each country can name a Toolbox Country Coordinator (TbCC), who has the sole authority to pass rights changes for their country to the Toolbox dev team. The sets of rights is fixed in each Toolbox release, so updates in rights settings will only become active in the next release. The current rights settings (per country) are published in a Google Doc, please check the first post for the link.

The GDoc document also contains a list of the TbCCs who have been nominated so far. The GCs are responsible for nominating TbCCs (after discussion with the country's leaders). A TbCC should have the full support of the community he stands for.

The discussions on rights changes of a country should be carried out within the country (forum, or whatever they choose), so please preserve this Toolbox thread for bug reports or other general issues.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
Isn't WME Color Highlights better for detecting new editors or recent edits?

You could also ask dbcm for an informative highlight in WME Magic, it could highlight any segment created and modified or not by a rank 1 or places created by a rank 3+ and modified by a rank 1.

Those options would be better to find new editors than using something that used to detect problems that no longer exist.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by carloslaso on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *highlight