Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pumrum
Suggestion:

Condition: Street name or alternate street name ends in 'Exd' or any case variant
Text: Street name ends in 'Exd'. Change to 'Ext' to support proper TTS instructions
Wiki Source: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Abbreviation ... reviations
Alert level: Note

I see a lot of segments where the suffix 'Exd' is incorrectly used to abbreviate 'Extension', when it should be 'Ext'
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
berestovskyy wrote:In the latest 0.9.0 you can use a custom check (Settings->custom):
Template: ${street}
RegExp: / exd$/i
very cool! I hadn't had a chance to fiddle around with the custom filters yet, but that should work for me in the interim.
berestovskyy wrote: If we create a dedicated check, I suggest we check at least few incorrect abbreviations, not just Exd.
Agreed. Here are a couple suffixes (abbreviations) that come to mind for the USA. Perhaps other people have suggestions?

Format: [incorrect] ==> [correct]
Cntr ==> Ctr
Exd ==> Ext
La ==> Ln
Plc ==> Pl
Rvr == Riv
Tnpk ==> Tpk
Wy ==> Way

I did a quick peruse through the available checks, and didn't see anything for non-abbreviated street suffixes in the US, such as:

Road ==> Rd
Street ==> St

Would there be value in adding these for the US servers (I see some for Pl, etc)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
berestovskyy wrote:- Removed 'Toolbox/WMECH: Report highlighted segments' (now it is on by default)
I liked having this option. I spend a lot of time with highlights enabled and don't always want the validator button lighting up or populating reports. If it's not too much trouble to put it back in... even if not on the front page(s), that would be great! :)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
berestovskyy wrote:1. No road continuation (for Primary Streets and up)
yes!
berestovskyy wrote:2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
yes! you might want to go wider than +/-5*, but I haven't given that much thought so there may be reason not to
berestovskyy wrote:3. Geometry points are too close (for any drivable road)
yes!
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
olestas wrote:Hiding problems in locked segments is bad. I report those to corresponding level editors in my area. You could add option that hides them by default after installation of script.. but it should be possible to change it.
Agreed. I find that the top level editors are busy fixing major infrastructure issues... It's up to us lower level editors to scour the maps looking for everything they don't have time to search for. I frequently find issues with rank 5/6 segments as the validator gets better updates. I post them to the unlock forum, and the CMs fix it when they have time. Good system.

The rank lock system is an invaluable tool to prevent damage to the critical infrastructure, and ignoring locked segments makes the incorrect assumption that the last editor was perfect in their changes :)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
sketch wrote:Perhaps for locked segments the Validator highlight could be displayed differently. Maybe a few dark or black stripes along the segment? Alternating lighter-darker colors?
I can see value in this. Something similar to what WMECH does -- segments locked to your rank or lower are accented in color, segments locked above your rank are accented in black. For validator, maybe the "halo" could be outlined in either bright pink or black depending on the above? If you really want to get crazy, you could vary the shade of pink based on the lock level - higher the lock the brighter the pink? just some ideas...

but in the end I definitely want to see validator show me issues with locked segments, even if they're above my rank. :)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In the thread quotes by CBenson, please supply either GIS link to city/county website showing lowercase usage or photograph of street signs showing lowercase.
Not to beat a dead horse... but given that Waze's primary goal should be to get a user from point A to point B safely and efficiently -- wouldn't it be easier to just standardize on Title Case since >99% of the USA segments already follow that standard? Why spin our wheels trying to get Validator to work around what is probably a very small corner case to get a lower case letter in a street name display, when it does absolutely nothing to aide navigation? Remember - we're navigation assistants, not government map makers :)

My opinion: if a user comes to an intersection and Waze instructs them to turn left on "Del Ray St" and the street sign reads "del Ray St" ... I think they'll figure it out. We have bigger fish to fry... thoughts?
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
I've been trying a bunch of different regexp, but can't seem to figure this one out:

I want to highlight segments that have an Alternate Street specified but no city.

This doesn't need to be in the main validator package, I am fine if I can do it with a custom regexp check. I can highlight segments that have alt st, segments that have specific text in any alternate street, segments that have no alt street... but I can't seem to get the above check to work. Nothing critical, just would help me do some cleanup.

thanks! :D
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
qwaletee wrote:> - Validator now skips locked segments, so the locks may be used to hide issues for low-level users.
If you uncheck "Exclude non-editable segments" the highlights come back. This option is on by default which I think is what some are concerned with... but now that I know I can uncheck this option and see validator errors on segements locked to higher than my level, I'm good with it.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
berestovskyy wrote:Perhaps the code is not optimal, but I hope you got the idea. Let me know if we miss something in the template variables.
You are a wizard, thanks! I updated it to search up to the first 10 alternate names, and after some very quick testing it seems to work as expected.

Template:

Code: Select all

@@${altCity[0]}##${altStreet[0]}@@${altCity[1]}##${altStreet[1]}@@${altCity[2]}##${altStreet[2]}@@${altCity[3]}##${altStreet[3]}@@${altCity[4]}##${altStreet[4]}@@${altCity[5]}##${altStreet[5]}@@${altCity[6]}##${altStreet[6]}@@${altCity[7]}##${altStreet[7]}@@${altCity[8]}##${altStreet[8]}@@${altCity[9]}##${altStreet[9]}
Regexp:

Code: Select all

/@@##[^@]/
pumrum
Send a message