Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
I don't know - all of them? :D I've heard comments in the WME chat from a number of other people who have traced down really bad lag to Highlights - they've all said that disabling the addon gets rid of most of the lag. I finally tried it and was amazed by how much faster I could scroll around and move roads and so on.

I'll try turning off place highlighting to start and see if that has any impact. Will progress from there and will let you know if/what I find.

Edit: Ok, I've had a chance to play around with it a bit. I still see lag when the plugin is enabled, but it does seem to be considerably worse when place highlighting is turned on. When I turn it off, I still seem to get bits of lag here and there, but not to the extent that there is when place highlighting it turned on. I'll continue to observe and play with it and will let you know if I notice anything else.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Sounds like a useful new feature for places. I just wish that turning on "highlight places" didn't slow down my WME session so much....

Is it going to highlight points as well? We get an awful lot of those that aren't complete from submissions via the app. Since the app doesn't submit area places, we really need a way to know about incomplete points as well...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Out of curiosity, what is the method by which the highlighter decides that a place (area or place) is "incomplete?" Lack of street address information? Something/anything else?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
JJohnston84 wrote:Feature request: A separate place highlight option / unique color that highlights any places last edited by a username starting with "ign_" (when place highlights are turned on, of course).
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/ ... hssign.gif Given that the IGN editors just blanket-approve place updates without bothering to add additional information (street address, business website, etc.) or ensure that the picture submitted is acceptable and useful, having them approve a place before one of us editors can get to it can be problematic.

Having a way to show places last edited by ign_* would at least let us know they're there, which then gives us an opportunity to make the place more useful....

Any chance this can be added in the future?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Timbones wrote:
vaindil wrote:Hey Timbones, thanks for this awesome addon. Any chance a highlight will be added for tunnels now that they've been pushed to prod?
Fredo-p wrote:Can we get segments with tunnel attributes added to the list? Unless this was already requested.
v2.1 - added highlight of tunnels to "Highlight a Road Type"
highlight-tunnels.png
I already use the drop-down to highlight a different type of road that I'm always watching for. Could you instead make it one of the check-able road types like "toll," "no name," "one way," etc?

Pretty please? :mrgreen:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Fredo-p wrote:Is purple really a good choice? Highways are purple now. LOL
No, highways are pink now. They're only purple because you've got one-way checked in highlights. :lol:

(Actually, I think that's freeways, but I could be wrong...)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
@Frodo-p - looks pink to me; maybe my eyes are just weird. I use the drop-down (purple) to select parking lot roads, and it's a decidedly different color than what the freeways look like.

Either way, you're right - it's an awful color choice by the dev team.
Timbones wrote:It's tricky, as I've run out of unique colours. Are there any that no one uses any more? Like unknown direction? (Obviously not, looking at screenshot above)
Maybe you could make it a dashed color, like you do for toll roads?
You could try combining other extensions, such as Validator to highlight roads types with a custom rule, or Street Vector Layer which has special rendering for tunnels.

There will potentially be other special flags for segments besides Tunnel, so I need a design that will be able to include them when the time comes...
What other special flags are you thinking may come into play?

Given the number of scripts I already use, and given the comment regarding CPU usage for Street Vector Layer (I didn't know about it; just looked it up after you mentioned it above), I'm not sure that would be a good solution. I suppose a custom regexp in Validator could be used if I can figure out what the road type is (and how to set those up again - been a while :D ), but honestly I'd much rather see Color Highlights do the job. So if you can't think of a color for a checkbox, how about considering the dashed color like I mentioned above for toll roads? :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Fredo-p wrote:Also, tunnel really isn't a road type. It's an option like toll roads. Is there any way to remove it from the drop down and place it as a check box instead? Another editor asked me why he couldn't see it and I told him it was in the drop down menu. He didn't like that either.
See??? I'm not the only one who wants it as a checkbox! :mrgreen:

(Sorry ;))
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Fredo-p wrote:
Timbones wrote: How often do you need to worry about tunnels anyway? All the tunnels in my country have been done...
More than likely to ensure roads that are to be set as tunnels are and to do random spot checks after it. So very little.

Same with toll roads. By now, it's used more to ensure roads aren't actually set to toll by accident.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs011.gif
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Purple, if I recall correctly, is that there is at least one turn restriction set based on time of day.

Someone else will have to answer if it can be turned off. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message