Can someone add a POI in Blackwood, NJ

Post by MapWrangler
Hi,

I'd like to have someone enter a POI -- it's outside my area.

There's a new Outlet Mall, "Gloucester Premium Outlets" at 100 Premium Outlets Dr, Blackwood, NJ 08012. There is an existing marker for Gloucester Premium Outlets here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-75.05 ... 509&zoom=5, but none of the businesses have been entered yet.

The aerial imagery isn't up to date on any resource [they say, soon, soon!] ... notwithstanding that, the manager who runs this store says her customers ask: "Why can't I find you on Waze? ... so, I'm trying to help her out with navigation, and hoping this business can be added in the interim (they have been open since August of last year.)

The business name is unusual, (the hashtag is part of the name, and it's in all caps -- but it's legit.. the parent of #MAKEUP is L'oreal) and #MAKEUP appears in the Gloucester Premium Outlets website which is here: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/gloucester

I *know* this post is L-O-N-G ... but I wanted it to have all of the information necessary and required if this can be done.

Name: #MAKEUP

Address (name and Unit Number)
#477, 100 Premium Outlets Dr. (where #477 is their location in the mall)
Note: There are two pull-down options of Premium Out... under "Street Name": the singular version of the Drive and the plural version. The plural version is the correct name, "Premium Outlets Dr".

Blackwood, NJ 08012
On a "location note", the town the businesses have been told is their location, and the one they want to have is "Gloucester Township". However, that doesn't show up as an option. Interestingly some businesses entered on Google maps have started to resolve on the map to "Gloucester Township, 08012", even though the address entered is (and remains) Blackwood. I'm I stranger to that area, so I pass this info along only as FYI.

Description: (text copy/paste - "description of business" - INCLUDING line space between sentences)

• Sales and deals on your favorite cosmetics: NYX, Essie, Maybelline, L’oreal.

• Makeup services for special occasions: prom, homecoming, family/school pictures, headshots, weddings, etc.

Telephone: 856-302-4594

Categories: (3) "Shopping and Services", "Personal Care", "Gifts"

Website: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/gl ... res/makeup

Hours:
Mon-Thu AND Sun: 10:00-19:00, Fri-Sat 10:00-21:00

I do realize that this point will have to be arbitrarily positioned within the existing marked area, and will need to be moved once the aerial imagery comes in -- as well as all the other stores that are now open that need to be added (the full list is on the outlet mall website above). Some businesses at this outlet mall have been added on both Google Maps and Apple Maps in this arbitrary manner – see references below.

For additional verification/authoritativeness, here is the POI for #MAKEUP on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XQ45EXascuv and I've attached a screenshot from APPLE Maps.
There are also lots of SERPS, including http://glotwpnj.com/gloucester-premium-outlets/

Last (!) relatively speaking (and certainly compared to the editors in this forum!) I'm a newbie with only a few hundred edits. If this request is not allowed, or correct, or anything like that, please, of course, disregard the request -- and (gently ; ) let me know!

Thanks for your help -- and greetings from Boston!

MW
#MAKEUP Apple MAPS.jpg
#MAKEUP POI on Apple Maps
(244.2 KiB) Downloaded 2139 times
MapWrangler

POSTER_ID:16941250

Send a message

Post by JB15TM
I passed it on to the NJ hangout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by jhfi
I will be taking care of this.

Hi MapWrangler! I sent you a PM. :-)

Jason
jhfi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jhfi
The place has been added.

jhfi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jhfi
Hi again MW,

Not a problem at all! I added the services for you.

Waze does not use ZIP codes.

I do not believe that Waze allows the input of suite numbers but I will check on this and get back to you. If you feel it is necessary we could put it in the POI description.

I am not quite sure what your question is in regards to the city name. Based on my research it appears that Blackwood is correct. Would you please clarify?

Thanks!
Jason
jhfi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MapWrangler
Wow! -- lightning speed Jason! ;) THANK YOU!

A couple of things I noticed ... there wasn't a zip code that displayed (that I could see). [08012]

Does the "Unit No / Suite No" get entered as part of the address ... which is #477. I would think that could be helpful for users....

I forgot about the "Services" under the "More info tab".
If, when you have a chance, you could check these, that would nail it.

Accepts Credit Cards
Air conditioning
Parking for customers

And, last, a further note (only FYI) on the "Blackwood/Gloucester Township" distinction I commented on. When I entered the address in the search box, I was presented with several choices, one of which was "Blackwood, Gloucester Township, NJ 08012" - but it looks like that can't be entered as an address for the POI.

The Townships are likely second nature to you -- to us Beaners in Boston they are a bit confusing! ;)

Again -- Many thanks!

MW
MapWrangler
Send a message

Post by MapWrangler
Jason, I did get your PM , and will reply shortly! Thank you.
MapWrangler
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Waze does not support suite number in address fields. However, you can place it in the description, which will show in certain search results. If it is a critical need, it can also be added parenthetically to the end of the name of the place, but that should only be done with approval of a State manager.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues