Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Delete Work Favorite

Post by allanj37
I'm trying to delete the Work favorite (not the specific address, but the entire favorite itself). I live less than a mile from my work, and I always ride my bike along the same route, so I don't want to set a work favorite at all. Is there any way for me to make it go away?
allanj37

POSTER_ID:5204392

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:...when riding a bicycle ... you are likely contributing 'bad' data for the streets that you are riding on.
I wouldn't put bad in quotes. If being used on a bicycle, it IS contributing bad data and perhaps causing automated jams to be posted.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Have you tried hitting the small blue arrow to bring up the location screen and tapping Remove yet? I'm sure you've already tried that, but it should have worked. Could be a bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
allanj37 wrote:I have tried adding an address as my "work" favorite and deleting it. When I delete the favorite, it goes back to saying "Work (Touch to add)" in my list of places to navigate to (but it doesn't show up in my actual favorites list when I don't have an address set).
Did you do what I suggested to remove it? Because it doesn't show at all in my list after I do that. This is perhaps different behavior than swipe-deleting.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
beej666 wrote:i used to be able to remove the Work favorite by assigning it an address and then deleting it, but this stopped working as of v3.5. i added this to known issues page on the wiki:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Waze ... and_Issues
The items "Home" and "Work" in the Navigate screen will always be there. There is no way to remove them.

If you have "Home" or "Work" set and you want to change/delete the entry, go to Navigate, then Favorites. Then either swipe/delete the entry for Home or Work, or tap the icon on the right and then tap the Remove button.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by allanj37
That's not what I was asking.

I don't have a work favorite set at all. When I click on "Navigate", it's listed as "Work (Touch to add)". I want to make that go away because I don't want a work favorite at all. If I go into my actual list of favorites (where you can delete a favorite), it's not listed.

I'm guessing there isn't any way to do this since Waze is designed primarily as a commuting tool. But if it is possible, I'd really appreciate knowing how to do it.
allanj37
Send a message

Post by allanj37
WeeeZer14 wrote: What device do you have and what version of Waze? I have Waze 3 on an iPhone and I do not have a Work favorite set (I work from my house) and I don't see Work listed anywhere.
I'm using waze 3.0.1.0 on an iphone 4s. So you're saying that when you click "Navigate", work isn't listed as one of the options for you (because that's what I'm trying to accomplish)?

And I'm not using Waze when I'm on my bike. But that's kinda my point -- I'm not using it for commuting, so I don't want the work favorite to show up. What I want to use the app for is general-purpose turn-by-turn spoken directions when I'm driving somewhere (i.e. never to work).
allanj37
Send a message

Post by allanj37
I have tried adding an address as my "work" favorite and deleting it. When I delete the favorite, it goes back to saying "Work (Touch to add)" in my list of places to navigate to (but it doesn't show up in my actual favorites list when I don't have an address set).
allanj37
Send a message

Post by allanj37
Yeah, I tried deleting it that way.

I give up -- I'm just going to go with the "ignore it" option.
allanj37
Send a message

Post by beej666
i used to be able to remove the Work favorite by assigning it an address and then deleting it, but this stopped working as of v3.5. i added this to known issues page on the wiki:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Waze ... and_Issues
beej666
Send a message