Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Crew_Rest
I can't get to the WME with 1.6.2 installed on Firefox. It takes me to the WMEToolbox Wiki page after saying that I have an expired version. This is on Windows.
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
L3

Post by Crew_Rest
JFeather60 wrote:
Crew_Rest wrote:I can't get to the WME with 1.6.2 installed on Firefox. It takes me to the WMEToolbox Wiki page after saying that I have an expired version. This is on Windows.
I had same problem, so I removed, reinstalled and the issue continues. Unable to edit because of endless looping to Toolbox Wiki page.
I had to disable Toolbox. I can now edit but without TB
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
L3

Post by Crew_Rest
That fixed my problem! Thanks! :)
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
L3

Post by d2-mac
Mirro_il wrote:I still cant get Toolbar working in Firefox. Tried removing it and reinstalling, without any success. The toolbar is working in the background, highlighting streets that I marked previously and showing turn restrictions. Just no way of any control.
I have the same problem :(
d2-mac
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by Crew_Rest
1.6.2 said it loaded properly and says it initialized but did not see AM settings or read PM mailbox. This is for the US server, when I change to the world server it loads normally. When I edit an area on the World server it works fine, just not on the US server.
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
L3

Post by Crew_Rest
I discovered that when I did F12 it turned on and F12 again it stayed on and debug closed so at least I can get it to function.
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
L3

Post by crotalo

Tks[/quote]
A quick check of the country permission settings for Columbia (link is in the first part of this thread) shows that this tool is now restricted to rank 6 only. The only one who could make this change is the TbCC for Columbia, Mincho77. To discuss chnaging this you should do so in your local forum, or a new thread for TB permissions in the TB permissions forum. See the TB permissions introduction for more info.[/quote]

Only level 6, are you kidding?
crotalo
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Wazeopedia Colombia
Wazeopedia Bogotá
Country Manager - Local Champ Colombia

Post by ct13
iainhouse wrote:A heads-up for the Toolbox developers.

Those of you who are Global Champs will be able to see this topic. Apologies to those who can't see it. ;)

The upshot of the discussion is that Waze do not want segments longer than 100km, due to the amount of data they accumulate. Toolbox needs to be aware of this and not remove apparently redundant junction nodes if the resulting single segment would be longer than 100km.
vaindil wrote: The #1 concern with this script is potential abuse or accidental mistakes. The change was made because it was a bug, this was not intended behavior. It remains unintended behavior--if a road has a restricted turn, even if unconfirmed, then the junction is not "unnecessary". I'm sorry that this has caused problems, I really am (I've edited a decent amount of basemap), but the tool was never intended to function this way. We won't be reverting the change, it was done for a reason and that reason remains valid.

This and the random turn restrictions at a node seem like very, very specific circumstances that have little chance of happening; but, I'm not saying that I wouldn't put the 100km rule in if it was easy to code. Not that it wouldn't be a slight issue if either of these scenarios popped up, but they aren't going to break the map. If you are worried about this in cities, lock the segments. Senior editors don't use this tool in populated areas. Or even better, make the restricted turn rule apply to R1 through R? Editors and R? through R6 have no restrictions. With the country based rules we could almost make everyone happy.

Additionally, I'd like to see a extra node with turns restricted in a city that isn't locked... PL's anyone?

Edit for additional thought. If segment length is that big a deal to waze, they can look at their database for roads over 100km and throw out an MP.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Last edited by ct13 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ct13
Before I put on my tinfoil hat and assume Toolbox and URO+ are conspiring to grab all my browsing data, I wanted to double check that the new toolbox permissions to google.com chrome warned me about are so that you can get the date on the Street View?
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Post by czar740
Good morning Community

to enter the WME and I find this error:

Please fix it as soon as possible

thanks!!!
czar740
Country Manager
Country Manager
Attachments