Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RansomV
I hope this is the correct forum. Let me know if I have it wrong.

NOTE: Using 3.7.4.5 on Windows 8.1

A while ago (not sure if I was on previous version or not) I took a long-distance trip where I frequently was without coverage.
Occasionally, I would stop at a rest stop, and Waze would try to recalculate. When it couldn't, it basically told me to get back on the established route.
The problem is, that when I did get back on the route, it had lost the ability to tell me when I was going to reach my destination.

It knows where I am. It knows the route. It knows what the current time is. That should be sufficient information.
Please make it so that when I return to the known route, it is able to recalculate my arrival time.
RansomV
Send a message

Post by Ranx77
Same to me. Waze fails to start. I tried several times deleting the program, restarting the phone (lumia 950 win 10)) and reinstalling again. It makes me register and then crashes the first time waze tries to load the map. Please help there are a lot of us wp users. At least fix the major bugs or incompatibility with the last releases of win10.
Ranx77
Send a message

Post by rapiddani
brighcj wrote:4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.
Phone getting hot is OK... We are used to it by now... Playing any 'more serious' game gives the same effect.
For me the biggest flaw is that, while using Waze the battery drains more than it charges (L920 GDR2)...
today I started from 100% fresh off the charger - was driving and wazing (3g network) for about ~50mins, while constantly charging with Nokia cr-200 - at the end battery is drained down to 65%.... that means I couldn't even use it for 3 hours with this charger.
rapiddani
Send a message

Post by RasatSpeedy
I´m been using WAZE for a two year and It works fantastic, but I notice that I have no voices to navigate at all.

when I open the app (WAZE) a Advice is on the top of my mobile and said "Downloading new prompts 0%" and stay there until a big rectangle whit this advice go on my phone windows
"Uh-oh¡
Downloading new voice files failed.
Please try again later"

and that´s all No Voice guide my navigation at any time, I´m living in a new and bigger city and it´s critical to me to move in places where I have no idea where I´m, so any one can help me please?

My mobile phone is a Windows phone Lumia 1020 the phone OS is a LUMIA DENIM, my wife have a Microsoft Lumia 830 and is havin the same problems as I´m having.

Thank You guys ¡¡¡
RasatSpeedy
Send a message

Post by RaZoR321
Antijen3 wrote:Is this an unfortunate case of no love for the smallest market share? :)
No, this is a case of Google hating MS
RaZoR321
Send a message

Post by Realbob666
Would be great if they continue developping on Windows phone. Her ein the media they now use Waze on TV to show live traffic. All people with Windows phone won't have same features. :(
I want the voice commands!
Realbob666
Send a message

Post by redrose21102007
First of all I would like to thank you for keeping the application working for windows 10 mobile so far.
Since yesterday the application has closed as soon as it opens. Does anyone know what's going on?
Thank you.
redrose21102007
Send a message

Post by redrose21102007
Same problem but happens even in airplane mode.
Alcatel Idol 4S W10 mobile.
redrose21102007
Send a message

Post by redrose21102007
I have contacted the Waze support and received this answer:
Hello Nuno,

Thanks for getting in touch with Waze support.

New versions of Waze are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, as the vast majority of Waze users use iOS and Android devices. We are monitoring the installation rate on Windows Phone and will certainly reconsider if there is a significant increase.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Waze Support Team
Do all the same to see if they have any consideration for us.
redrose21102007
Send a message

Post by redrose21102007
I always kept my faith. :D
Thank you waze!
redrose21102007
Send a message