Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pumrum
Would it be helpful to fork the custom check (regex) discussion into a separate thread, and have your easy/medium/hard examples be the top sticky? I think there could be a lot of great exploration into how to use complex regex checks and not have to bog the main thread down with all of that discussion. what do you think :?:
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
There used to be an option to filter based on username - I see it's been removed (or perhaps hidden for non CMs). Along the same lines - is it possible in the future to filter based on the object's Area Manager? If so, I'd like to request that :)

Some of us have odd shaped AM areas, or areas that don't precisely fit our editing window for one reason or another. Would be nice to say "only look at objects you are an AM of" or similar... would let me ignore the junk outside my area (that are otherwise editable by me) while I focus on cleaning up what's inside my area.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
berestovskyy wrote:Filter by username is available only for Country Managers
That's what I figured, thanks!
berestovskyy wrote:I'll have a look, but I'm not sure if it's even possible to implement.
I think it would be great if it's possible, as you have time of course :)
berestovskyy wrote:Try to use "City name" filter in the search tab instead
This is about the same as just running with the approximate zoom level - unfortunately the AM boundaries don't match the city boundaries. This will help for getting 80% of it, I guess for now I will just have to go and clean up the garbage outside my area for now :)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
I can't seem to find any info on the ${roundabout} template -- i've tried true, false, 1, 0, yes, no, roundabout... what can I regex on to highlight roundabouts?
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
crazycaveman wrote:I'm running into a strange issue with user-defined checks
Your regex looks fine. To confirm, I straddled the Hudson River between NY and NJ and set the following...

This highlights everything on the NY side:

Code: Select all

${state}
/New York/
This highlights everything on the NJ side:

Code: Select all

${state}
!/New York/
If you are stuck, try resetting the validator. Make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" is not checked after your reset, and set the custom filter again. Once you have verified manually that it is highlighting as expected, you can run a report. If you want to only see the custom filter results, set the "Reported as" filter to 128 (green) or 129 (blue) or 128,129 (green and blue)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
Idea for a note (blue) check:

"No public connection for public segment"

Public segment being defined as freeway, major highway, minor highway, primary street, street, ramp, dirt road.

This would highlight, for example, a public segment that only connected to a parking lot at either end, or a private road at either end. This would help to highlight errant public segments amidst large parking lots or private road networks.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
Idea for a yellow (warning) check:

Freeway segment connected to non-freeway/ramp segment

Per the wiki, freeways may only be:
Connected to other roads exclusively by interchanges:
Entrance via ramps only, typically with acceleration zones.
Exit via ramps only, typically with deceleration zones.
This would highlight any time a freeway segment is connected to anything that is not a ramp or another freeway segment. This may only apply to the US, and I'm not sure how this would work in a localization pack.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by purposeguy
I have never received an error or warning about reverse connectivity from WMEV, including in areas that I know contain reverse connections. I searched this forum, and it appears that this check is supposed to work. I have notes enabled; is there anything else I need to do to get revcon warnings?
purposeguy
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://truepurpose.net/viking.png High Plains Area Manager

Post by purposeguy
Concur with ottonomy on this one. English title case rules say capitalize first word, whether an article or not. I've been following this rule when dealing with Spanish street names in the US, e.g. "El Camino", not "el Camino". If we were using the Spanish rules, that means the city in SoCal would be named "los Angeles", not "Los Angeles". I don't think that's going to fly with anybody.
purposeguy
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by purposeguy
A little beta testing would have been nice! Does anyone know if there are any plans to adapt WMEV to the new interface?
purposeguy
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message