Post by JoshJMM
What I want to prevent is what we saw in Google Maps (and hence the over haul of how Google Maps is edited). We would see spammers or competitors of other businesses come in and change info in the edits, i.e. phone and website, to their information. So when I want to see a certain plumber the info that comes up is that plumbers competition. Now unlike Google Maps Waze is supposed to be for routing and not looking up business info. Where I can see an abuse is moving the Place Markers for Businesses or HNs to areas that they are not supposed to be. Will that make it so the wazer will not get to the destination alright? Probably not, but it will give them a bad experience using the app and may deter them from using it in the future.
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by sketch
This looks good. I don't have a problem with any of it.

I would add one thing, to be sure the formatting and naming of chains is correct. For instance, "Popeyes" does not have an apostrophe, but "McDonald's" does, and the correct name for Walmart is "Walmart", not "Wal-Mart" or "Wal-mart" or "Wal*Mart" (the hyphen/star was removed in 2008). This is important for consistent searching.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Since the point here is to be particular, I will pick the nit: "Supercenter" is one word. :D

Walmart calls the "old" Walmarts "Walmart Store", but I don't really think that's necessary. That said...

I was trying to find a Subway (the sandwich store) the other day and when the one I wanted didn't show in Instant, I hit search, but it brought me to the category search for subway stations. Not helpful. Should we mark them the way that Subway itself brands them: "SUBWAY® Restaurant"? Without the ®, I suppose.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by turbomkt
Last question first...this is a highly modified version of forum software and there are a lot of bugs that never got fixed. I have no idea when these will be corrected.

Developers are trying to fix the issue for level 1 editors. We don't know when that will be, but we were hoping for sooner rather than later. We're at the edge of sooner, so it may be later.

One thing you can do is join us in Discord. That's where the Colorado editing community works together to figure things out. https://discord.gg/twxnqnU

Once you're there, we can talk about a way to get you contributing.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)