Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mapcat
unwallflower wrote:Mapcat - it seems that interstates get the fancy blue-ish shield, and state highways get oval shields. They look nice!
So this must be the beta version where you see them? Because so far I haven't seen any.
I'm still wondering what to do about including direction in interstate names. It seems that the I-15 shield isn't displaying for the most part in San Diego, instead it's just showing the "I- 15 N" and "I- 15 S" road names.
I was worried about that several weeks ago and asked Dror to confirm that they still wanted us to add the directions. He said yes, so evidently they intend to make this work.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by Pepsodont
Should my Mega Mapper status show anywhere on my dashboard? Also, how long does it take from hitting 50k edits to receiving level 3/VIP status? Do I have to email support, or is this an automated process.
Pepsodont
Send a message
CM & Moderator

Post by Pepsodont
I'm sad to say my car passed 50k last year. Unfortunately I didn't drive all of them with Waze :(
Pepsodont
Send a message
CM & Moderator

Post by Pepsodont
Yes, I got the edits but not the miles. The Mega Mapper status or the level 3 editor is not showing though. I'll email support.
Pepsodont
Send a message
CM & Moderator

Post by rlpl
Will the shields work on the world server? If I name a road in my country like "US Hwy 123" will it display a shield? If the shields are rendered on the client then there should be no difference whether we are on the world or US server.

If the shields are rendered on the client then what about the shields for other countries? As far as I understand the only problem is the number of countries because the rules for each individual country can be simple.
krankyd wrote:2. We can't display a shield and a name.
We really miss this feature.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
krankyd wrote:Shields are rendered as part of the map, so it won't be available right now on the world server regardless of how you name the street.
Thank you, this answers my question.
We have to work on some graphics (get the proper shields for each country), but we are planning on adding them in the future.
The shields and numbering rules for my country (and I believe for other European countries, too) are pretty simple and can be found on Wikipedia and other public sources. Do not hesitate to ask the international wazers if you need any assistance.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by Scorp42
Removing post to avoid confusion. The next post is accurate.
Scorp42
Send a message
Last edited by Scorp42 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Shaigan
What about another countries shield ? In France for example :mrgreen:
Shaigan
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
[ Shaigan & Cie | Facebook | Twitter ]
[ France Country Manager (Lv5) | Waze Android sur Google Pixel 6 ]

Post by Shaigan
dmcconachie wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Shaigan wrote:What about another countries shield ? In France for example :mrgreen:
In the plan. Not yet available. I have not heard a date suggested. A Euro-based veteran mega-mapper/driver may know otherwise.
It was discussed in paris, seemed an easy addition, heard nothing since!
It should be cool to up the question for Euro-Drivers ;)
The shape of the shiel is simplier than US ones (a simple colored rectangle).

--
via Samsung Galaxy S avec Tapatalk
Shaigan
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
[ Shaigan & Cie | Facebook | Twitter ]
[ France Country Manager (Lv5) | Waze Android sur Google Pixel 6 ]

Post by TonyG-UK
That's 50K map edits, not 50K miles driven.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK