Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
Timbones wrote:Version 2.3: By poplar demand, I've added option to show segments without verified speed limits in orange.
Ok, so what makes a speed limit "verified?" So far, I've found roads that have no speed limit data in them at all. So what's the difference between a road having a speed limit and a "verified" speed limit?

--Dave
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Glodenox wrote:Speed limits entered by editors are always verified. It's the speed limits generated by the prediction algorithm by Waze that are always unverified. See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=165746

So as long as the prediction algorithm hasn't ran yet in your country, it's normal that you won't encounter any unverified speed limits.
Oh ok, thanks. Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't run in the US yet (or at least not in Nevada :D)

How does the script know the difference? And, does it show up differently in the WME interface some way? If it had run here and I selected a road segment, how would I know that the speed limit in the box was entered by the algorithm and not another editor? This info may be detailed somewhere and I just missed it, in which case feel free to point me to where that kind of information is detailed. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh ok, so something like that will appear. Currently where I am, all we have is blank and no checkbox. So at least now I'll know what to watch for when it happens. :) Thanks!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Any chance you can push out the 2.5.1 update to the Chrome Store for the native Chrome version? That's still showing 2.5.

There's been a posting in the JNF forum that suggests that there's now (probably since the WME update) a conflict between Color Highlights and JNF that's keeping JNF from working properly. I'd like to see if the new version of Highlights fixes that problem. :)

I just did a test to verify the conflict - when I disable Color Highlights in the Chrome extensions (which is still 2.5 at the moment) page, JNF works as it should. When CH is active, though, JNF stops working as it should. So something is clearly conflicting somewhere. I hope it can be resolved at one end or the other...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
nzahn1 wrote:NO JNF (don't have it).
In a way, you probably do. :) My understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that Toolbox incorporated JNF code into it to perform that same function. My understanding is that it will look for the presence of the JNF separate addon, and if you've got it, it will use that instead of its internal JNF code.

Also, Color Highlights is still showing as 2.5 (not 2.5.1) of the native Chrome app. Is this addon no longer being updated as a native addon for Chrome?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Timbones wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:when I disable Color Highlights in the Chrome extensions (which is still 2.5 at the moment) page, JNF works as it should. When CH is active, though, JNF stops working as it should.
I can't replicate this. Both WME Toolbox and WME Junction Node Fixer both appear to work correctly when WME Color Highlights highlights is enabled (all as Chrome extensions). Do you see any errors in the debug console?
Ok, I set up the following test road segments so that I could produce some console output to show you. I created a couple of cross-roads that were initially set up and saved as all two-way roads. Then, I changed one of the segments to a one-way road, to cause a revcon situation, thus:

There's no revcon showing at the end where that north segment connects to another road, because I had to drag the already-one-way segment up there in order to keep the "Q" fix from just turning the one-way back into a two-way (which it does if the one way isn't attached at both ends).

As you can see above, Toolbox is flagging the intersection with a revcon warning. Now, with Color Highlights enabled, when I clicked on the junction node where that warning is, it generated the following error message in the debug console:

It should be noted that when Color Highlights is not enabled that above error message does not occur when clicking on the junction node.

After selecting the junction and pressing "Q" to do the junction fix, the following messages showed up in the debug console:

That message appears regardless of whether or not Highlights is enabled.

The difference between when Highlights is enabled vs when it's disabled is this: When disabled, pressing Q does the fix to the revcon, but all turn restrictions are not changed - whatever turns were previously enabled, they're still enabled (other than the revcon, of course). When Highlights is enabled, however, all turns will now be disabled and I have manually re-enable all turns, which can cause problems if there was a restricted turn that didn't get noticed before, so now it's enabled and Nav tries to send someone down an illegal turn.

Hopefully that error message will help you figure out what's happening.
All version 2.5.1 did was delay the initialisation routine for Highlights, which Chrome didn't seem to need. That's why I didn't bother pushing it to Chrome.
Probably still a good idea so that the versions match. When there's a note here saying, "It's been updated to x.y.z" and then someone doesn't see that in their addons listing, they tend to wonder what's going on. :)
I also can't see how Highlights could impact JNF.
I don't understand how it does, either; I just know that when Highlights is enabled, I get the symptoms as described above, and when it's disabled, those symptoms don't happen. Hopefully the stuff I posted above will help you track down what's causing it...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
Glad I was able to help with that info, and thanks for getting in a fix!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Timbones wrote:I couldn't decide what to do about ramps, and I didn't want to force personal and local ideas on to everyone.
And by adding a checkbox to allow turning on and off the checking of ramps, you would be not forcing a personal/local idea on everyone, you'd be allowing it to be selected or not as required by the user. :-)
How about if ramps are only highlighted if Streets checkbox is selected?
Ramps are not streets, or we'd be using Street type for them. :-) They shouldn't be tied together, IMO. Like Olestas said, why not a separate tick box? ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Just wanted to add a vote for getting a highlighting option available to help flag those roads with the "unpaved" box checked. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
ldriveskier wrote:
ronsek57 wrote:With the release of the "unpaved" attribute, it would be great to have an option to show streets with it.

Thanks,
Under the "Highlight a Road Type" selection, one of the choices is "Unpaved". I've been using it and it works fine.
I was about to raise an objection that the problem with that is that I'm already using that drop-down to highlight Parking Lot Roads. However, PLRs in unhighlighted form look different enough now (and are colored differently from Private Roads), so they're pretty visible without extra coloring. So, glad to know that the option is there in the drop-down. I've set it now, and it does a great job of showing which ones are "unpaved."
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message