Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
Question: Has "Filter by editor" gone squirrely lately? I'm checking a given area where I can select segments and see who the editor was, but when I turn on Filter by editor and select that person from the drop-down, nothing highlights and the little number next to the dropdown says "=0". If I select myself, then it shows a number for the segments on the screen that were last edited by me and those segments do show up in green, but selecting any other editor isn't visible.... :?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Ok, I discovered the problem - if you have "Highlight a Road Type (Purple)" selected and a road meets that criteria, it takes priority over "Filter by Editor (Green)".

Is there any chance that priority can be reversed? I'm thinking that if you're trying to edit by a given editor, that should show up, and other roads which haven't been edited by the selected editor can still be highlighted by Type should they meet that criteria.

Any chance of a role reversal here? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Suddenly the directionality one-way doesn't show if the segments isn't marked. Is this a bug with the highlighter or do other editors have the same problem?
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
iainhouse wrote:It's an editor problem - nothing to do with the script.
Yes, thanks!

I just found it has been reported already. Given the different scripts I've installed I usually track them down first.

;)
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Atuuu wrote: 2) filter roads (landmarks) by country, as I have problem (not the first time) when 10km and even more from Latvia/Estonia border primary country is wrong. Maybe there are some segments with wrong country what could cause this and such functionality could be VERY useful.
Mainly Landmarks are quite hard to find and they have an impact even in the lowest zoom level. If I have some landmarks with wrong country (often shown as "no address") the chat goes into that country even if miles away from the border.

Edit: If you need an area to see/test what I mean here you go: Zoom=0 east of Zürich (Switzerland). You see lots of forest landmarks and some of them seem to be allocated to Germany. That's why you'll find yourself in the chat for Germany instead of Switzerland. Landmarks are selectable even in Zoom=0.

Here is a permalink with such a landmark selected: Landmark with Country Germany
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Szata76
Hi!

Congratulation for making this useful extension. I'm using it often.

What is the difference in these versions for Chrome?
- http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050 / Ver. 1.6.7
- http://waze.cryosphere.co.uk/scripts/wm ... ights.html / Ver. 1.67

Why are two different? The "Average speed for segment" works only the second one.

Thanks!
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
Hi!

Please add TBR highlight functions to normal editor. TBR and UR comment comes to final.

Thanks!
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
Hi,

Thank You for your work!
I've found a small bug. After switching the Filter by Editor option on, the Time/Vehicle Restrictions, Unterminated Roads* and the Highlight a Road Type highlighting partly disappeared on the map.

Could You check it?
Thanks,
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
The highlight places function isn't working in the new WME.

Thanks in advance for fixing it!
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
I advise a new option for highlighting places: has photo.
But this should come after that the place highlighting is working again.
Thanks,
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu