Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by gertbroos
PesachZ wrote:I think I found a bug, when using the speed helper to set the speed for a speed camera.

If I have my wme set to metric and use the buttons to enter a SL on a segment it converts the value to the metric equivalent to be entered in the segment. For example if I click on 25 MPH while WME is set to metric, it inputs 40 kph. This is how it should work and is fine.

But if I do the same thing on a speed camera (click on the 25 MPH sign button while WME is set to metric), it puts 25 in the input field, which then will set the camera to trigger at 16 MPH.

Please let me know if you need samples, or if you need me to explain better. It seems the conversion code which adjusts the input values is not active for the speed cam settings.
I think I know what you mean :)

A couple of updates ago, a few editors gave me a code snippet, that added this functionality, It works with segments, not with cameras...

I will add this to my todo list, can't give an ETA, but It will be fixed :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Update 0.7.7

Updated PHillipines
Added Bosnia-Herzegovina
Added India
Updated poland
Updated Quatar
Added Ukraine
Updated Canada
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
madnut wrote:Thanks a lot, Gert, for adding Ukraine!!
There is a minor mistake though - blue sign needs to be set for 20 km/h, not for 5 km/h. Could you update, please? Appreciate your help!
My apologies! I wil try to send out an update today
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Update 0.7.8

Updated Ukraine
Updated Moldova

Should be available soon (after synch)

Edit: auto-sync didn't do it's job, so I sync'd manually :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
onryou wrote:Dear,

Since this morning, when I click on speedlimit to get it "verified", I have just one checked box.

Thanks for your help
onryou
Can you post a screenshot and a permalink? Maybe that helps in finding the problem
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
onryou wrote:
gertbroos wrote:
onryou wrote:Dear,

Since this morning, when I click on speedlimit to get it "verified", I have just one checked box.

Thanks for your help
onryou
Can you post a screenshot and a permalink? Maybe that helps in finding the problem
Sure ;)

Here and it works everywhere I can edit

First I select a segment. After clicking on 90
Strange, when I do the same, (select a segment, press the 90 icon) the 2 checkboxes are checked...
28-09-2016 12-21-02.png
(169.72 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
Maybe some conflict with other scripts? You have some installed that I don't so...
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
DwarfLord wrote:Dear Gert, thank you so much for publishing and maintaining Speedhelper!

I edit in the US but prefer to keep WME in metric. So WME shows the currently-set speed limit in km/h, even though Speedhelper correctly offers the signs in mph. But I haven't got the lookup table memorized yet...how's the speed currently set in Imperial? Augh!

It would be stupendously helpful if WME Speedhelper could somehow highlight the currently-set sign (in cases where the two directions have different limits, I suppose it could highlight two signs?).

Below is a strawman suggestion for what it might look like. Thanks for considering the idea!
Highlighting current SL.png
Sorry for the late reponse, I will look into this but I don't know if this is easily programable :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
ispyisail wrote:
country name & Waze abbreviation (use this bookmarklet)
The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns
Kph or mph?
an image of how a roadsign looks like. Only needed if it isn't a red circle with a white background and black text :)
Papua New Guinea = PP
Kph
Default Sign

Thanks
Done
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:This script appears to be broken in WME Beta but works in Prod. I get the following log:

Code: Select all

VM2128:236 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ann' of undefined
    at Object.WMESpeedhelper_init.WMESpeedhelper.makeSigns (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:236:28)
    at WMESpeedhelper_init (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:446:20)
    at WMESpeedhelper_bootstrap (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:162:5)
Thanks for looking into this. WME API in Waze.model.countries.top.abbr most likely changed.
I will check this out, thanks for letting me know
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message