These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by APettyJ
Twister-UK wrote:
APettyJdabrowntrucka wrote:According to the developers, the function of reporting issues for opposing traffic did not work for roadways with two independent road segments for each direction of travel, such as on freeways or physically divided highways. If someone tried to use the function in one of those situations, they weren't reporting conditions for opposing traffic, but for the left side of the road segment they were on, i.e. the left shoulder. Hence, rather than warning opposing traffic of a stopped car on the shoulder, and alert would be given to vehicles behind the reporter travelling in the same direction, an alert that normally would be inaccurate. It wasn't functioning completely as intended, so they removed it mostly, save traffic accidents and police traps. However, with these again, on divided highway and freeway segments, it isn't possible to report these issues to alert Wazers heading in the opposite direction.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I wonder if this is one of those cultural differences at play. As a UK driver, I wouldn't have ever dreamed of trying to use the my side/other side option to indicate which side of a one-way road/carriageway the hazard was located. In my mind the only reason for having this option would be to allow us to mark hazards affecting traffic heading in the other direction - i.e. on the other side of the road...

Whilst I understand the technical problems in trying to enable "other side" marking of hazards on divided roads (and have previously been part of a fairly lengthy discussion over this point), that only justifies the removal of other side reporting on one-way roads, not two-way ones as well.
Well, Waze is an Israeli company, or at least was founded as such before Google took over. Don't they drive on the left side of the road as well?

Also, the whole purpose of reporting incidents for the other side was intended as you would use it, for opposing traffic, rather than other side of a one-way road. That's why it was described as not 'functioning as intended', because the developers apparently thought when making such a report it was going to opposing traffic as well.

However, rather than remove the function from one-way roads, I say keep it, and just educate the using public on how to use it properly, i.e. it indicates which side a hazard is on your road segment, and does not work for divided roads. Afterall, numerous times I have gotten an alert for a 'car on the shoulder ahead' and marked it as 'gone', only to realize the car was on the otherside of the roadway. This is especially true of smaller hazards like potholes or cars stopped on road.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
APettyJ
Send a message
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post by areoborg
Right now, my biggest complaint is the map itself when in landscape mode. It puts the arrow that is me in the exact center of the screen. It feels like I can see as much of the map behind me as I can in front of me, making it rather pointless. Its even worse when I got a red light camera warning and it came all the way down to the arrow itself, which means that I couldn't see a single thing in front of me on the map, but I could see the roads behind me for quite a distance.
areoborg
Send a message

Post by ArianElizabeth
I'm having the same issue. When I click on a calendar event to navigate to, ways ask me to set the exact address. After I set the exact address I go back to click on the calendar events to navigate to it but then it asked me to set the exact address again. This continues to repeat. The only way I can navigate to the address is to retype in the address in the general search box. I am using a Note 4. Also, this forum is difficult to read on my mobile add the text doesn't wrap. I have to slide my screen to read the end of each line.
ArianElizabeth
Send a message

Post by ArielRGH
addictedtosailing wrote:Since updating to Waze 4.0.0.2 the application crashes randomly and is hard to restart. After it crashes, re-opening will fail (pops up and then crashes). Killing Waze is the only way to get the app to restart....for a while. It usually crashes 15 - 20 minutes in to the drive. I have sent logs in to the team for review.

WAZE 4.0.0.2
LG-V410
Android 5.0.2
Same thing happened to me this morning! :x
ArielRGH
Send a message

Post by aschnee
Moving everything to app private data from sdcard/waze folder on adnroid 6.0+, removed important "features":
- creating custom color schemes
- possibility to use custom, home made navigation sounds as the official sounds are crappy

Please bring back these "features" in an update!

Oh, and Speed cam warning should be yellow or red and not green!
aschnee
Send a message

Post by ashani4
Hi
On Sunday I have recognized the change to the new UI. Since then APP is stuck. Try to reinstall. "Favorites" title in English and is not responding. I keep sending Reports.
It was working just once starting after 15 mins drive to be active.

Please HELP :(

Alex
ashani4
Send a message

Post by AstroFire
I don't know if I am the only one having this problem (I'm sure some others reported it as well, but I haven't found any posted solution yet), but it seems I cannot update or edit my favorites at all. I realize there is a swipe function which works fine for the navigation history, but for the favorites list itself it does not work. I recently moved to a new home, and something as simple as trying to update my Home favorite has appeared to be impossible for me :/ Is there any solution for this? I already reinstalled Waze.

Hopefully, I could get to keep v4.0 because I like it, or not having to change to Google maps over the simplicity of it. Please help!
AstroFire
Send a message

Post by audidroid
4.0 is kind of a let down, there are a bunch of errors on my system.

Running android 4.2.2 on a built in automotive screen that has resolution 800x480

There are a bunch of issues I noticed immediately
1. the horizon image that they try to append to the top of the map isn't wide enough and is a couple millimeters lower then the top of the screen. Happens in both day and night - see attached image 1.jpg 2.jpg

2. the auto zoom in/out feature when driving. when on the lower resolution screen when you slow down the street names don't shift over or come up on the map. I also notice that not as many street names come up anymore. very difficult to use for navigation unless you have a route planned in.

3. the bottom bar takes up WAYY to much space. its totally wasted. it says good afternoon/morning on lower resolution screens like which many cars have it is very difficult to see the map. We need to be able to toggle this view.

4. In Waze 3 when you tapped the map you could zoom in and out using - and + however in waze 4 there is no way to zoom out/in as the automotive display isn't multi touch.
audidroid
Send a message
Attachments

Post by audidroid
levin wrote:
whatnt wrote:
audidroid wrote:4.0 is kind of a let down, there are a bunch of errors on my system.

Running android 4.2.2 on a built in automotive screen that has resolution 800x480.
Android 4.2.2 is ancient. I can't speak for Waze, but I wouldn't expect them to support that--especially on what seems to be a unique device.
That's no excuse! If Waze does not support this version anymore - make it official. Don't allow users of this version to upgrade through the Play Store, and let them keep the previous version.
This version has ruined landscape mode, regardless of OS version or screen resolution.

Yes landscape mode is quite poor and certainly a step back from 3.9. However that is why we report issues and hopefully the developers can easily resolve them. I never anticipated 4.0 to be perfect this is a major release and its difficult to test under every platform as someone else pointed out.

And 4.2.2 is a standard release its not old at all. Automotive systems have to meet strict compliance and assurance testing, with the advent of google auto a lot of more cars are going to be having android installed and will be blocking out the ability to root devices and possibly prevent upgrading the OS. Its to early to tell, but in my opinion it would make sense until a framework is established among automotive manufacturers. I would have to assume there are strict regulations coming down from governments around the world to meet certain standards to comply with each nation. I would assume they wont let people the ability to root the devices so they can prevent people from typing on the device when driving. Rooting the device would allow people to circumvent this and likely a whole slew of other potential issues. In terms of automotive standards and regulations 4.2.2 is an infant.

If Waze support reads this, can you please fix the location of the horizon graphic on landscape mode and allow the 'good afternoon' bar to hide and pop up on alerts. On landscape mode and low resolution screens it is simply to difficult to use as a map service. It simply takes up to much real estate.

Also can we get smaller vehicle icons? I'm surprised these icons are not vectors so they scale depending on your screen size. On low resolution screens they are abnormally large.

Another nice to have would be to display the road names when you slow down. It appears the names do not move when the map automatically zooms in when you slow down. All my street names are blank when the map is zoomed in at a stop light.

A nice to have would be to indicate the next upcoming street or exit road name along the bottom. Makes it easier navigating when you don't have a route planned in.

For the most part the 4.0 release looks quite successful, a few bugs here and there and features were removed but I'm sure waze will address the in a timely manor. IOS is already on version 4.2 and its way easier developing on a closed platform.
audidroid
Send a message

Post by audidroid
m-103 wrote:I would love to know how the heck to put the car marker back down near the bottom of the screen where it used to be, in every version before 4.0.

On my LG G4, it is now smack dab in the middle of my screen, which means any time a hazard / police / etc. warning comes up, it blocks nearly all of my ensuing route. I don't really give a rat's patootie about seeing where I have already been. I want to see what's coming up in front of me. During rush hour, one single warning box can block many warning icons.

help?

i have the exact same issue, except mine is worse. My screen is 800x480 so when I receive an alert it takes the entire page
audidroid
Send a message