The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
There are no GPS tracks anywhere in my neighborhood. I have driven around eating cookies frequently, and I know there are other Wazers in my neighborhood because cookies disappear on streets I haven't driven.

https://www.waze.com/cartouche/#?zoom=5 ... FTFTFTTTTT

And of course, I stand corrected...this is the first time I've ever seen GPS tracks in my neighborhood. The one GPS track that you see passes by my house. There was one trip I made where I didn't stop at the house, I just drove by. That was two weeks ago. However, I think I was going the opposite direction these GPS tracks go, so I don't think it's mine. I've driven almost every other street visible on the map at least 3 times in the past month.

BTW Alan, what was on that site in the obviously outdated aerial image? A trailer park? It looks so neat and new, but I saw the aerials on other websites that show it all cleared and filled with dirt.

ETA: I also wonder...you see that "pile" of GPS arrows on SW 139th St? I wonder if that's the residence of a Wazer, who left Waze turned on and maybe mowed his lawn or walked around his house and left a GPS trail.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I get the feeling they're going to try to put out a new version of Papyrus before the Jan. 14 meeting in Palo Alto.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Litavnieks
I hope new GPS points will soon be restored, for a long time there are no changes.
Litavnieks
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
[img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by Omega-Supreme
Hi,

We are aware of this issue and working towards solving it.

Thanks,
Eyal.
Omega-Supreme
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Another question I have is, will it show my own gps traces without the first and last 500m removed, like cartouche used to do?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by RallyChris
And the status page should not be based on when the job last ran, but how old the queue of data is.

It does us no good, to have a status that says the GPS layer is up to date today, if it relies on data from the route processing layer, and that layer is a week behind. (not saying that is the current case... just an example)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RickW-NC
Hey Alan,
I suggested that instead of that 1969 date they update it whenever the directionality of the segment is changed. Having the userid in there would be nice too but that is probably a big privacy concern. Any information would be a help. I have done munching since mid-Oct that I suspect is not being processed correctly. Dror has the perma-link and route dataset name and I assume it is in the to-do list somewhere. The flip-flop road is perfect in the last map so I can't wait for the next one to see if it sticks this time. I don't see GPS tracks at all in my problem areas even for routes that did show up in my archive.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by Timbones
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The next version of Papyrus, release tbd, should have an updated gps points layer.
That's exactly what I've been told too. "Hopefully it will happen next week" they said...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
The last response I got from Waze on this was "Hopefully in a week or two." [Jan 12th]
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by WeeeZer14
jasonh300 wrote:I get the feeling they're going to try to put out a new version of Papyrus before the Jan. 14 meeting in Palo Alto.
But then they risk the attendees being so involved in checking out the new editor release that we miss our flights! ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator