Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by JimFromIL
edom.il wrote:Seems that the new version removed the ability to search contacts and navigate to them directly from within the app
I get the same thing.
JimFromIL
Send a message

Post by JimFromIL
spinedoc777 wrote:What happened to the map scaling in 4.0? The scaling is much larger, so now you see much less of the map on screen and the street names, icons, etc all are much larger blocking more of the view. I'm on a Note 5 so have a pretty high resolution screen and in 3.x thought it looked awesome. This is a huge issue as the app now looks like a caricature of what it should look like. I appreciate the larger buttons and such while driving, but at the same time the functionality is much worse now due to seeing less on screen.

I've reverted back to 3.9.9.0 sideloaded, but I don't know how to stop 4.0 from automatically being updated.

Go into Googel Play settings, and un-tick "automatically install upgrades". That way when you see an upgrade for 4.x, ignore it. This release blows.
JimFromIL
Send a message

Post by JimFromIL
spinedoc777 wrote:
jimjeffcoat wrote:Is there any way to downgrade to the previous version?
If you do a search you can find the offical 3.x apk, I found them right off Google. Uninstall 4.0, and then you have to sideload the 3.x apk, no root needed you just have to enable it in settings to install external apps. The only issue is google play keeps updating me to 4.0. I'm sure there is a way to stop it from updating, I just haven't researched it yet.

I'm going to keep that 3.x apk like it's gold, that's the last good version. They ruined the scaling on high resolution devices and the map looks like a big cartoon now.
Edit settings from within Google Play, and un-tick "automatically apply updates". Then when you see the Waze app, ignore the update.
JimFromIL
Send a message

Post by JimFromIL
speedlever wrote:
vaindil wrote:Here's a reputable site for .apk downloads. It's run by Android Police, all of their files are safe.
Thanks. I didn't know they had those files. Unfortunately, they don't seem to go earlier than 3.9.4.0.
Anything before 4.x is better than what is available now.
JimFromIL
Send a message

Post by jimhlee
#11. Can't seem to be able to drive to people in my contacts. The option is missing in the tabs with yelp, Google...
jimhlee
Send a message

Post by jimjeffcoat
Is there any way to downgrade to the previous version?
jimjeffcoat
Send a message

Post by jimjeffcoat
The new map display is very grey with poor detail and color contrast.

Lots of stuff (like settings?) moved around where it's more difficult to find.

Not able to send reports at all - keeps telling me I have no GPS coverage, when I obviously do since it's tracking my location/speed/etc just fine.

Zoom controls very difficult to use - either zooms way in or way out.

I will be uninstalling and going back to previous version.
jimjeffcoat
Send a message

Post by jimjeffcoat
Mark16805 wrote:When touching the report button I get the message "Sorry, no GPS signal in this location. Please make sure you are outside."
Everything else works, it finds me, navigation works, directions work, you just can't make any reports. I did all of the trouble shooting listed in support and in the e-mail I received.
Using a Galaxy S5 Active.
Same issue. I reverted back to 3.9._
Jim
jimjeffcoat
Send a message

Post by jimjeffcoat
RussPA wrote:
jaywazin wrote:It's really not a good sign that a good quarter of the posts on this thread seem to mention rolling back to 3.9.x!
Some of these complaints seem to be legitimate (crashes and freezes are legit complaints and the map issue reporting bug also seems to be a real complaint), but I wonder how many people fired off complaints after having used the app for only a short period of time. I admit I didn't like it at first, it was quite a change from v3, but after a couple of weeks, I got used to most of it and actually like it now.
Not being able to send any reports due to "no GPS error" was the killer for me.
jimjeffcoat
Send a message

Post by jimjeffcoat
crickets3 wrote:
low_wh74 wrote:
yamineko wrote: One other thing I can recommend is giving Waze a very low rating (one or two stars) in the app store and explaining what you don't like there. If the app's rating goes down due to negative ratings, that may help prompt a quicker response/update from Waze.
I'm not holding my breath.
jimjeffcoat
Send a message