Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pvaladares
I really like this tool.
My suggestion is to add set City and Street default fields to 'None'.
Something like the already existing 'WME: Two-way segments by default' option.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pvaladares wrote:My suggestion is to add set City and Street default fields to 'None'.
This should not be a global option. We catch lots of new/bad editors by being able to see the red roads at very wide zoom levels.
There are a lot more of bad editing practices than leaving red roads.
If you find a bad editor you can already use WME Colour Highlight to show all its editions.

I find very tedious to manually set no city and no street. There are small towns / Islands completely not mapped and this keeps edition back.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by pvaladares on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by quantumjedi
I have the same error. I've also tried to update, but with no results.
quantumjedi
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by quantumjedi
I checked and it works, but it is not a good solution.
quantumjedi
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by quantumjedi
I found a workaround within the work around ;) Put back the date a couple of days, click on the permalink to reload, bring back the date to now. It will work until you reload the page or restart the browser.
quantumjedi
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by quantumjedi
WaseYves wrote:I got that message

WME Validator v1.0.2 error:
This build of WME Validator has expired. Please upgrade!

Try to re-install from Chrome Web Store.
Don't work.

How do i fix that ?
Until the author updates it, you can use one of the workarounds mentioned above.
quantumjedi
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
sketch wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter.
We can go further and check if every word in the street name starts with a capital letter. But at the moment #94 is checking just the beginning of the street name.
No thank you. It took me about ten seconds to think of a valid example that would violate this. Similar examples, I'm sure, exist in many places.
You may be misreading this. It seems aimed at the "E main st" situation. A better wording of the rule logic would be "If street name begins with EWNS followed by a space followed by a lowercase letter." Yes, it is just a special case of checking first letter capitalization in general. I don't know how prevalent the problem is that we should spend CPU cycles on it.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Been wondering... what are the SLOW indicators for. They don't seem to be special errors or warnings, what information does this impart?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
irowiki wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Been wondering... what are the SLOW indicators for. They don't seem to be special errors or warnings, what information does this impart?
According to the script, it takes longer to process the stuff marked with SLOW.
So, basically a hint, if activity is slow for you, consider flipping off the SLOW switch. Which you'll probably never remember to turn back on, but hey, half a validator is better than no validator due to a frustrating user experience.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
dknight212 wrote:Finding Validator so useful for finding newbie mistakes (and some of us old hands too!). This request is a big one and I'm not sure how you would do it without some exception testing. In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge. The idea is to make sure the client display shows it as a normal road as the clever stuff is all overlapped (blame iainhouse for this!). Of course Validator flags it up as overlapping - is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?
I don't understand why you need to have the overlap. The regular segments on either side can go right up to the diamond. It would result in far easier map editing.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message