The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bgodette
foxitrot wrote:
bgodette wrote: Cut the segment in half with a temp new road, then change each half to the correct one-way direction and junction as necessary.
No, not into two sequential segments. I've meant a parallel copy - when e.g. changing a single 2-way freeway into two parallel 1-way directions. Just as the Cartouche's "Separate to two one-way roads" does.
Yes exactly that. You cut, turn into opposing one ways, separate, and rejunction as separate halves. This preserves speed data for each direction as opposed to creating an entirely new segment for one half.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Just run my merge video in reverse. :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
foxitrot wrote:Ah! NOW I get it, thanks for the dumb's explanation :) it was indeed necessary.

No, this is not viable for me. I'm just hadling a case, where a 1+1 lane major road (built out of a couple of 2-way segments, measuring a few kilometers each) got replaced by a nearby freeway-type 2+2 lanes road with separated driving directions and ramps. The road is curved, not straight at all.

I've already drawn one of the directions, and was deciding, whether to draw the second one from scratch, or use the Cartouche's "Separate to two one-way roads" function and shift the copy's geometry nodes to their correct positions afterwards. Thus the question, whether WME can already handle the split.
Unfortunately no, and depending on how far the roads need to be separated, and in which direction, Cartouche_old's function really doesn't save much time as it simply separates and shifts on side 5 meters to the "right"*. "Right" is based on the original A->B direction of the segment.

*it could be left, never did much splitting so I'm probably wrong.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
top_gun_de wrote:As of today, the street direction "no entrance" is gone, I see only "two way", "one-way" (2x) and "unknown". How can I set a street to "no entrance" to prevent routing through the street?

Best regards,

Detlev
"No Entrance" never prevented routing, in fact it does something quite different: It allows routing in both directions, but updates the segment directionality based on user drives.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
CBenson wrote:Why have unroutable street types if your not going to use them?
They exist because they were in the TIGER data set, same thing for all the different Landmark types. Far easier and safer to import everything you can, than to throw out something that might be important because it was mislabeled in the data you're importing.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgoffa
INTL - Login for Waze dashboard is ok - However I can not login into map editor.
bgoffa
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
When I create a road, I have to save it, then click on segment again to edit city, road name. Just saw a new roundabout last night in red. Just helped the guy who created it with naming city and marking road as no name. He did the hard part in making the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
I guess there are times this is true, I'm always comparing google, bing or a city or county web site if I'm not sure on the name.

This roundabout was new and the satellite view was old and didn't have enough waze GPS points to draw it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by bmitch3020
Something that's always bugged me but I haven't noticed anyone else report before (so maybe it's just me) is that nearly horizontal roads on the screen are difficult to select. It's like there are 1 or 2 pixels that you can click on to select the road, and they can be next to impossible to locate. This is an old issue, so not specific to this update. Running FF v9.
bmitch3020
Send a message
Brandon
Northern Virginia Area Manager

Post by bmitch3020
FrisbeeDog wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it was much easier to draw smooth roads in old Cartouche? The squares in the new map editor are terrible. The circles and the dragging method were much smoother in the old version.
You can drag a road in Papyrus (for a while now). Just hold down shift while you click+drag. But a word of warning, this makes a mess of black boxes along the road, so I never use it myself.

Another keyboard shortcut that I don't think I've seen mentioned is shift click on the last part of a segment/landmark avoids the need to double click.
bmitch3020
Send a message
Brandon
Northern Virginia Area Manager