Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RemyServices
With this post having more views and replies than any other post in this forum, it is sad to see Google is taking this stance with Windows Phone users. What isn't surprising is that yet another Google owned service won't be available to WP users.

Waze touts being "the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app" yet Google intentionally removing a portion of that community, despite the users wanting to participate and code already being written.

To me this is just another case of a great company selling out and letting their wonderful product fall stagnant to Google. GrandCenteral, Feedburner, Motorola Mobility, Meebo, and the list goes on. Services get purchased and are then left to die. Waze looks to be a great service, but being a WP users I will never know how great it was. There are other, similar, products on WP and they now have my business.

I wonder how they justify this as "Don't be evil"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_evil Doing good for the world by forgoing a gain in user base, all because they choose a different platform than iOS or Android?

I await the news that Waze is being "integrated" in to Google Maps with most of the features missing and thus completely unavailable to WP users.
RemyServices
Send a message

Post by Revdre
My 920 is also getting insanely hot. Another issue I have is that I can not turn off the voice prompts. Even if I turn the volume down it still blasts out at full volume. On android I was able to silence all alerts via the app.
Revdre
Send a message

Post by Riddick81
I ask you too for update waze on Windows.
Riddick81
Send a message

Post by Ritsikas70
I hope same version ( it is not possible to see which version is installed)

1- Facebook buttons bombs back to menu screen (not connecting)
2- Does Event raadius defines Reports? It doesnt matter what event radius i select, i see reports thousands km away, even when near me is selected.
HTC 8X
Ritsikas70
Send a message

Post by Ritsikas70
btw - where do You get 3.7.6 versioon ? My is 3.7.4.5 (freshly installed again from store).

And yes, this thing makes You phone darning hot :twisted: . Even on car charger (powerfull enough to feed my Ipad) phone discharges faster than charges...
This is on WP 8.1 on HTC 8X, today morning udated WP to 8.10.12393.890 , so lets see.
Ritsikas70
Send a message

Post by RLeijen
Hi, i am using waze on my lumia 640 with win 10 for a few weeks now, before i used waze on an android phone for a few years. On the wp, waze functions ok for me.
I have one issue that when you type adresses you get no list with possible adresses. In the android version you do. I read that there is no support anymore for the wp version of waze and i think that is a shame. i hope this will change and it will be updated again.
RLeijen
Send a message

Post by Rloustaunau
Just upgraded my NOKIA 635 to Windows 10 and downloaded Waze and it works way better -it does work fine on Windows !
Rloustaunau
Send a message

Post by Rmedh
Do Waze staff ever look at the forums or even respond to the comments?

Waze on IOS can be ported very easily with Islandwood to Windows 10 and it job done. No more need to 'develop' a new version.

Whats your excuse WAZE?
Rmedh
Send a message

Post by Robotman321
Any staffers at Waze - I have access to a windows phone developer, we would love to work with you guys to get this app back in good standing, I don't want money, just the ability to help keep the windows phone community thriving with Waze.

Thanks.
Robotman321
Send a message

Post by RojieC
Will the Windows 10 version reach 3.9.x after reaching mutual agreement with Microsoft recently? Since there are many Microsoft applications now offered in Google Play Store, I hope that Google would reciprocate this by offering Android functions in Windows 10 platform.

Hope that the following would be available in the near future.

1. navigation voice guide with street names
2. connecting to Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
3. route selection during en route
4. all friend related connectivity and notification
5. valid links from inbox, etc.
6. teams accessibility
7. and many more offered in iOS/Android.

Hope that the ecosystem would be parallel in functions.

Thanks and more power to this APP!
RojieC
Send a message