Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Brshk1
With the new 1.5.2 version and Chrome I have started to see this problem:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20123

I also agree that some options are just too dangerous, 'mass-misediting' tools. And others have been extremely useful, to be fair.

Haven't checked with 1.5.3.
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by bz2012
Aside from the things that don't work yet with the new WME, I noticed a couple of things that probably should NOT be in the Extended Tools set:
OPEN IN >
Cartouche old
google map
The link to Cartouche old is no longer useful and
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... Imagery.29
make it clear that we can NOT use google maps.

The link to livemap IS useful and should be kept!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
dave_cairns wrote:Further...

I've just downloaded the old ver: 1.2.2 and it's not mentioned in there either.. something I have noticed however is that there is an "allow all connections" shortcut key - W - listed in the keyboard shortcuts of the new editor (use shift + ? for the full list) - is that what you are referring to?

If not - do you have a copy of one of the .js files that includes it? either a GreaseMonkey version or a Chrome extension? If so could you zip it and PM me please?

Cheers,
Dave.
I think he is referring to the "Allow all drives" (4th button down) that used to change all 'unknown' to two way and set all the intersections (not connected to a 'one-way' segment) to all turns allowed.
After a couple of presses, it would change all one ways that were not locked to two way.

Handy for small towns that have no 'one way streets' and have had little or no WAZE drives, so most of the streets are still set with all turns forbidden. These seem to generate a lot of User Reports because the routing seems to be very poor in such areas.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
interesting and strange....
I opened chrome's developer tools and the segment list.

I used the segment list to select all zero way roads in the screen,
I changed them to two way and
saved successfully!

I suspect that the tool is ignoring some errors that normally cause the save to fail to save the changed data.

Perhaps this clue will help someone figure out how to fix the extensions so they work normally again.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
multiple select not working properly.
I am trying to correct a bunch of 'wrong state' segments in an area.
I have 'in screen' and 'state' showing in my segment list.
I select the 'wrong state' segments.
I change them to the right state.
I save the changes.

only ONE SEGMENT gets 'fixed', not the rest.
win7, chrome, wme 1.6.5 (latest I can find).

EDIT: for some reason, it seems to have started working now!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Thanks for the info, AND thanks to the author for a very useful tool!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
LittlestLou wrote:After several attempts on Chrome and FF, I am giving up. Not sure why this is so difficult for me but so far nothing seems to work. I got the Highlight Script no problem and installed the Ext Tools previously on Chrome w/o issue. Can anyone walk me through this on Chrome using baby steps? :oops:

I see the Tools icon (although nothing happens when I click on the arrow) and the tab for WME Ext Tools on the left but when I click on the hyperlink for the 1.6.5 GDU patch, I keep getting an error about some CRX file.

(Running on Windows 7 if that maters, and tried uninstall, re-install, refresh, permalink, all of the above, none of the above, etc.)

Days like this make me hate my computer. :evil:

If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
doomedtx wrote:
bz2012 wrote: If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)
You have to enable developer mode as well on the extensions tab in order to see the "load unpacked extension" button. This method worked for me. It also allowed me to hack the script to restore "Allow All Drives" to my lowly level 3 AM self ;)
Thanks! I forgot that incantation.
(don't forget the proper sacrifices too!)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I want to raise a subject that the 'suppress unnecessary junctions' first brought to my attention but I think it is NOT a problem the extended tools, but with WME itself.

Sometimes after suppressing, I could not save. I would track it back to a 'necessary junction' that had been removed, leaving segments touching without a junction.

I found by undoing the suppress, that the junction in question could be deleted manually also.
A 'good necessary junction' will NOT delete, but one of these 'half junctions' (I don't know what else to call them) will delete.

The only FIX I have found is to 'cut the ends off' of all the segments that meet at that junction, and rejoin them.

I usually create a couple of new segments, diagonally joining the segments that have the bad junction, and then delete the new segments and the cut off ends of the old ones and then rejoin them. The new junction created by this process is then a 'good junction'.

I just did it slightly quicker by using one of the 'bad segments' to cut the ends off of the other, and then vice versa. A couple less operations. I will have to see if it works next time I try it. :)

Anyone have any other magic way to do it?

I wonder if there is a way to detect these bad junctions and replace them automatically with the script?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
shawndoc wrote:The segment list is great for selecting a bunch of roads with a similar property, the highlighter tool doesn't replace that. Its a great way to fix streets missing the city, or correcting a mispelling.
Or 'wrong state' segments like I keep finding scattered around the country!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message