Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by SuperDave1426
PesachZ wrote:You guys should look into UrComments script which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)
Thanks for the mention of that. I've actually looked into the URO+ presets section of of UrComments. Unfortunately, that still doesn't do what I (and I suspect several others :) ) am looking for here. There is a preset option there which says, "URO+ New requests / UR replies", which has a tool-tip of that says that that it shows only new URs or ones that have replies from the requestor (which I assume is the driver/reporter using the app). Problem is, that doesn't provide for a restriction of the reporter being the last/most recent comment.

Editor comments, reporter replies, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter - that scenario will still trigger it as being visible using that particular UrComment URO+ preset. And in that situation, I don't want the UR reappearing until the time limit has run out and I now need to take whatever further action is warranted at that point.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
You have to actually edit the Custom comments script (for UrComments) itself inside Tampermonkey to customize those response strings. Just FYI. Yea, not as convenient as other methods, but it's the one he can use due to browser security trying to keep plugins from running amuck accessing files on your hard drive that they shouldn't, etc....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I'd like to make a feature request, if this isn't too unreasonable....

It seems there's been a new update to WME, and we now get the little red icons (which used to be map problems and only map problems, like missing roads, etc.) for more than just a "missing road."

This have information regarding an upcoming road closure nearby. The report text itself seems in all cases (that I've encountered so far) with this string at the beginning:

[TrafficCast]

Which makes for a nice tag string that URO+ could use to display a slightly different icon (like a picture of a car or something?).

Any chance we could get something like this? Or am I making a ridiculous request? :D

For anyone who hasn't seen one of these yet, here's the form that the problem text produces in whole and one of the ones that popped up near me:
[TrafficCast] Exit slip road closed : Construction on I-80 EB at Floriston. Use alternate exit ramp.

Street: I-80
From crossing street: Floriston
To crossing street: Floriston
To: July 08, 2015 04:01
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Jay91150 wrote:Personally, I'd add a feature that searches for the string "TrafficCast" and immediately closes the MR as "irrelevant data" since they always make asinine claims such as "HWY-2 closed at HWY-2 for Unknown".
Always, huh? Did you look at the example that I quoted in my message? It sure looks like it has full info to me.... :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Based on that, I'd say that they've clearly got some bugs to work out... :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
nzahn1 wrote:All 5 TrafficCast reports I've reviewed today were in the right place, and at already existing closures.
Same here, though there was one I had to "irrelevant data" close because it was just a notice of construction on a freeway and be aware of slow traffic. Since there's nothing we can do with/about that (given we don't have any kind of way to set that condition in the map to show up in the app), that was really my only choice. The others were about ramp closures with start/end date/time, so I added those and then closed out the report.

Which was why I brought up the idea of maybe having URO+ give them a different icon based on the [TrafficCast] tag - it would be useful to have a visual cue that it's a traffic report vs a regular MP.

I note that Jay's stated location is in Canada; it could be that TrafficCast has some issues in that location that's affecting him...?

Anyway, this is a discussion that's getting off-topic for this thread. :D So, if the nice URO+ maintainer would pretty please add a new icon based on that tag, it would be awesome! :mrgreen:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Bogey2 wrote:Same here:
- Comment count on UR markers does not work anymore (do not use URComments script).
- Custom marker for tagged URs does not work anymore.

However I do get comment counts when I uncheck the [CONSTRUCTION] in the 'Custom marker for URs' section :roll:
Same here, only unchecking the [CONSTRUCTION] custom marker (in Misc) doesn't have any effect - no comment count.

I see the note that says there's an update scheduled for later today to fix what was described above; I just wanted to confirm that the [CONSTRUCTION] thing doesn't seem to be universal (in terms of turning it off suddenly reveals the comment count).

I didn't notice if it's already been reported, so in case it hasn't - the special markers are being ignored completely. I double checked in Misc to make sure I had them all checked, and [NOTE] markers, etc., don't have any effect - no special markers are showing on the map.
voludu2 wrote:I am still stalked by places popups. No matter how long I let the mouse cursor sit still, it won't go away.
When I move the cursor, it disappears briefly and pops up again. The same park. no matter where I move the cursor.
Same problem here - Place marker keeps popping up very quickly, and always right under the mouse, which makes it hard to select whatever it is that I'm trying to get to.

Edit: Oh, I just reread and I think I see what voludu2 is talking about. If I'm reading correct, it's a case of the popup following you around after you've move your mouse over a place. I've experienced that as well. If I'm going to the menu on top, for example, and I had to go over an area place, the popup disappears as I get to the menu, but when I bring the mouse back into the map from any other location, the popup starts following me around. Whenever I pause the mouse in a location (not related to the popup), the popup will appear. I usually end up having to at least refresh map data (circle-arrow) if not have to refresh the whole page, to get rid of it.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Can the size of the UR box be made just a little bit bigger? Working with a postage-stamp sized box makes it much more tedious to deal with.... :D

(I opened a Trafficast marked UR, and literally there was only three lines of text showing...)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I'm talking about when I click the UR and the window opens up to display the UR and you can click "solved," etc.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message