Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by biglins
dbcm wrote:More than 16000 speed signs submitted, great work fellow Wazers!
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
biglins
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0200.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c6.png
Wiki Brasil | Waze Forum™

Post by Bill473
This is a wonderful option. Thanks for much. :D

I wonder if you'd consider making the 10m accuracy test optional or configurable (by distance)? Even if I have an inaccurate location, the ability to flag that location will let me look in Streetview later to see the exact place the sign was.

(I know you may have thought "I'll just make this simple option available" and now you're being overwhelmed with enhancement requests. :roll: If you just left the tool the way it is now, it is still a significant help.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
dbcm wrote:VERSION: 9c76646.1460667962
- Don't allow submitting URs with GPS data older then 5 seconds (gps status red)
With version ...53162 it does prevent submitting, but the message is still the one for GPS accuracy.

So I get "BAD GPS DATA/Data accuracy more than 50 meters (got 4)"

And it is true the accuracy displayed is 4 m. The problem is the Age is over 5 seconds.

A minor point, of course, but perhaps the message when the data is too old should be different than the accuracy message.

(Love this application. Have a 4000 mile trip planned next month. I'll be leaving a trail of SL URs.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
foxitrot wrote:At least one of these values was exceeded:
Accuracy...
Age should be less than...
That looks good to me. The first suggestion was technically correct because of the "or" but a layout like this makes it easier to see the issue.

Although for "exceeded" to fit,
"GPS data should be newer than 5000ms"
(or "more recent" but that might be too wordy)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
English looks fine.

Except you have changed 100 m to 1 m for all examples.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
First (and always), thanks so much for this. In a little over a month what started as "good" has evolved into "fantastic".

Is there a way to decipher the version number? If I see, for instance, VERSION: 09ca00b.1461678019 when scrolling through the thread and notice I am not using that version, what can I deduce?
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
Still loving this. Got back from a trip out west (USA) where I dropped about 600 URs. (Yes, it may take "forever" to get them all updated.)

But now when I try to use this and press on a speed limit, I get a screen with a weblink and options like "Share image", "Copy Image Location", etc.

This is true with both wurm and wslm.

Is this some change I've made? I can provide screen shots and send debug, if useful.

(It is true I'm sitting at home just exploring wurm...if that makes a difference.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
dbcm wrote:
Bill, double check if you are in HTTPS

Use Chrome to have the best experience
Sorry, didn't see this question.

Yes, I am definitely using HTTPS.
Can't test Chrome now because of the certificate issue, I think.

(My wife, using an Moto G phone, but not yet V6.0 has no problems.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
I have V4 working in Chrome.

It used to work with Firefox until V4 but now with FF I get what is shown in the attachment. The problem is the :prod:mph:usc: at the bottom.

When I first started this in Chrome, I was asked to allow access to my location which I did. I don't remember ever telling it in FF that it couldn't know my location (and I don't know where I'd change that "decision"). But that must be why I don't have values at the bottom and why the speed limit buttons don't respond.

Just wanted to close the loop on my earlier reported problem. Since I can get it work with Chrome, I'm OK with it not working for me with FF.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Bill473
ryanerickson wrote: one with the SLs w/ an overlaid arrow to the upper right... what's the arrow for?
If you swipe up you see some information at the bottom.
"swipe left - ramp/left road signs". That is what those icons with arrows are for.

I've never used them. They were added after the initial options. The UR indicates you pick this option (" 60-left Sign"). Not sure what the intent of these are.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message