Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by naesstrom
I got that error once to, besides that I like the "new" sky in 3d mode, or was that before to?
Had one lockup but havn't tried it so much yet! will make sure to upload all bugs!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
The Fej wrote:Just to update we corrected the crash detect by gerben as well as a small HD screen UI correction done.
New version is on: http://tiny.cc/dvRbu
hmm, just tried the new version, havn't been driving but it feels a lot faster for me... boot time etc, might be since I'm connected to the wifi tough.
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
should we rather send it in a mail or keep using the send bug function in waze? just to be sure :D
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by paarsand
Here goes my comment:

When will it be available for market?

Does this version support offline paving of roads?
paarsand
Send a message

Post by padril
I've tried this out on a HTC Hero earlier today. The only thing I noticed was a delay of about 30 - 60 seconds on startup before any of the buttons worked on the map (zoom, etc)
padril
Send a message

Post by raptor5655
Tried to use Waze on my ride home from work today but the app was very laggy and it kept saying seems you gotten of route but i was traveling on the route. This was on my moto droid running the 2.0.1 software, not rooted, not moded.... almost seemed like it needed way to much memory to work right. Please help so i can get back to wazing.
raptor5655
Send a message

Post by ru_bdm
The Fej wrote:OK - based on your input, Android version 1.5.2.3 is released and can be downloaded from
http://tiny.cc/waze9

Fixed:
* Scrolling with d-pad
* Network related crashes (when disconnected from network - thanks to gerben)
* Languages downloading problems

If all's well, we'll upload it to the market tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for new bug fixes! But I must ask you again to bring back old-style bottom menu as option. It's very, very, very inconveniently to:
- find and press small and dark hardware 'Menu' button;
- wait until native menu appears (there may be very long delay at that step!);
- try to hit proper menu button;
- try to do something following by that (send road report or something else).
Note that all these steps I must pass while driving a car, instead of looking forward to the road! It's not only inconvenience, but every exessive dialog and every exessive press to the menu button is really dangerous to driver! That's why i stopped sendind road reports at all. :( Do think of usability!

By the way, is there any easy way to make waze client to return to my current position while on the way? Every accidental touch to the map screen makes waze client to stop following my motion and the only way to return to my current position is to pass all that nightmare with menus again and again. If you determined not to bring old-style menu back, maybe you should allow user to chose on-screen buttons to quick access frequently used functions?
ru_bdm
Send a message

Post by Rytis
Installed on HTC Hero with MoDaCo 3.1 ROM (Android 1.5), feels very smooth (better than previous version). Didn't have any of the lag-on-start problems like others did.
Rytis
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Phone: Motorola Defy
Car: Ford Focus 2011

Post by shalafi
that's a good idea, i'd also like to see some on-screen buttons to which you could assign actions from the menu (shortcuts, anyone?). it would also be helpful to have a toggle in the menu for the screen rotation (portrait / landscape / auto - based on whether it's enabled by the device or not)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
yup, in most of those color schemes either some type of road blends in with the background, or two types of roads look the same .. or both. maybe a color picker could get incorporated into the menu? (sorry, i know this isn't the suggestions thread..)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message