Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RojieC
Last October 2015, 4.0 released on iOS platform, then now March 2016 is for Android. Just hoping if 5-6 month gap, Google would address the following issues for 4.0 release this year, maybe earliest on October 2016? I think after February 2015 release to address the battery life issue, I'm hoping that Google wouldn't discriminate the minority.
- route change availability at any time
- no voice navigation with street names
- lack of connectivity to social network (Facebook/Twitter/Foursquare)
- features related teams, online friend status/ETA/sharing
- broken link to messages in inbox
- too much time in posting traffic screenshot
- enhance notification/action center and vibration support
- inclusion of account/profile edit
- parking location screenshot
- primitive UI/UX and intuitive operation/route optimization
and just above to name the few.
Not only for phones but this version has potential to expand in Windows hybrid notebook and tablets or IOT as well if UWP would be supported also.
Given the resources of Google and exploring possible growth not only in Windows phones but the above mentioned gadgets as well, Google might set the navigation standard in every platform and device. Big from 3.7.4.5 to 4.0 is Google's strength in achieving the impossible.
RojieC
Send a message

Post by RojieC
But recently Google has patched up its different with Microsoft that is why the latter is releasing more apps and frequent updates. Hoping that the former would cordially respond to this by at least upgrading their existing apps in the Windows store, even delay their Google+, GMail, YouTube and their other apps. Yes, I've heard that last year but still hoping a change of heart would lead symbiotic co-existence of their platforms, sharing information regardless of phone OS. The least would be fix soon those problems reported, if other features would take time to integrate.
RojieC
Send a message

Post by RolfD65
I also still use the old Version and on my Lumia Smartphone and think W10 mobile should not be written off as a Platform. I'd even invest some bucks because Waze is the best Combination of Navigation and Warnings in one App I've encontered yet.
RolfD65
Send a message

Post by Ronchunn
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:First public release of Waze for WP8

Download the Waze app for Windows Phone
  • Live routing based on community-generated, real-time traffic and road info.
  • Community-contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more.
  • Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change.
  • Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes.
  • Finds the cheapest gas station along your route.
  • Simple sharing of your ETA, expected delays and a heads up upon arrival.
  • Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info.
  • Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors.
Release notes
  • Improved settings - new help section + easy to adjust sound alerts
  • Bug fixes
BEFORE POSTING! Please search self-help information already available for WP8.

You should also follow the forum guidelines and search both the forum and wiki for answers already available for most questions.
Devs, please reconsider updating the WP app...at least respond to your users in this thread and tell us the score.
Ronchunn
Send a message

Post by RT_driver
I'm on WinPhone 8.1 and latest Waze version. I cannot access Inbox messages. When I press on any inbox message in the list, Waze says Oops! Something went wrong.. I already tried to reinstall app. What can I do next?
RT_driver
Send a message

Post by RT_driver
I have a problem with all messages - from Map editors, from wazers (Thanks messages), etc.
RT_driver
Send a message

Post by rubembader
Snoffels wrote:Hi,

I have been successful in getting an old version of Waze (v2.0.0) for Windows Mobile running on my WinCE 6 unit. I have to delete and replace the preferences file every-time on launch to get it to connect to the internet, but it seems to be working. The fonts are too large and in the wrong place, but functional. Also, the program seem to only work in 2d mode although there seems to be an option for 3d (there is a 3d icon button under skins/defualt and an option under the user file).

Is there a later version of Waze for Wince than 2.0.0 (capable of 3d map and groups) or am I stuck in 2010?

Regards,
JP

I have the same problem on my centralmultimedia winca S100.
rubembader
Send a message

Post by rucaryl
I'm from Peru and i can assure you that here in Peru there are a lot of windows phone users that would love to have an update for waze. Come on google, think about windows 10 and the opportunity that it is for expanding the service.
rucaryl
Send a message

Post by ruifcardoso
Google is starting to get ridiculous.. Just found that they are no longer updating this app on WP and now I'm sad..
ruifcardoso
Send a message

Post by ryukage99
nzahn1 wrote:
Froggypwns wrote:My favorite features of Android are terrible battery life, sluggishness, and constant lockups and rebooting :)
Yay for non-android devices!
Some people just don't want an Android or IPhone. I'm having same problems like everyone else.Besides that Waze keep crashing when calculating a route during marine layer in SoCal. When my mother told me it works on here,while she was in KC during cloudy weather while she was in a business trip. I have a Lumnia 635 and She has Lumnia 920.
ryukage99
Send a message