Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
Minor suggestion.

For the no inward/outward connectivity messages, the message is wide enough to get clipped by the narrow width of the side panel. The part that gets clipped is important -- node A or node B. Why not change the order of the wording to:

SLOW: Node X - no xxward connectivity

I realize you can go to hover and see the whole message, but this rewording obviates the need to do so.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
berestovskyy wrote:
pumrum wrote:Street name or alternate street name ends in 'Exd' or any case variant
In the latest 0.9.0 you can use a custom check (Settings->custom):
Template: ${street}
RegExp: / exd$/i

And those names will be immediately highlighted for you.

If we create a dedicated check, I suggest we check at least few incorrect abbreviations, not just Exd.
Like Exn... foud a bunch of those early this month. At least the phonetics were a little better than Exd :)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
I've also been seeing issues with elevation. Changing a junction, or maybe the elevation of one segment attached to the junction, seems to drop elevation from all the segments in the junction. This appears to be true even if I select the unexpectedly modified segments -- the standard WME segment properties show blank elevation.

If I have a segment that has directional or reverse connection issues and fix it, after I save, it gets highlighted for elevation out of range, but it wasn't highlighted for that before. (I.e., when I select the segment, it only shows the reverse connection problem, it does not also show an elevation note.) This may simply be a symptom of the above -- until I changed the junction to eliminate the reverse connection, perhaps the segment had a properly assigned elevation, so there was no reason to show an elevation note. Once I saved, and the elevation was lost, then there was a reason to display the issue.

So I'm going to vote for there being a problem with WME killing elevation values right now, or a problem with JNF/toolbox doing it.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
dbraughlr wrote:I have not encountered this bug. Enough people have that it deserves its own thread.
Done.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
robindlc wrote:Hi all,

I did have a really estrange behavior today...

I'm in the office, with a company computer... I had occasionally entered the editor from here, but I didn't have the validator installed.

I received by e-mail a request (with permalink) to enable a turn... I followed the link, which automatically opened the WME and to my surprise loaded also the validator... Is that normal? :roll:
Filter by city does this.

And Validator already has some alt name support -- one of the checks is "Empty alternate street." You can't create this sort of problem anymore, but if a segment is currently set up with an alt city name but no street name, it will ight up.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
BellHouse wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:1. No road continuation (for Primary Streets and up)
2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
3. Geometry points are too close (for any drivable road)
1. and 3. seem ok for me.

I don't get the idea behind 2. You want to mark all right/left turns that are disabled (red arrow)? What's so special about a turn of around 90° angle? :?
I think the idea is that while it is common to restrict left turns, it is uncommon to restrict right turns, unless there is a very sharp angle.

In gridlocked areas they are sometimes restricted. Sometime,s they are also restricted if there is a complex traffic pattern with traffic coming form too many directions, or if the street after the turn is very short.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Let me guess, left over from the earlier incarnation that actually made changes?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
> - Validator now skips locked segments, so the locks may be used to hide issues for low-level users.

I don't like this one. I'm an AM, and if there's an error in the setup of an interstate in my area, I want to know about it. I can choose to ignore it (lots of validator stuff depends on context or is non-urgent).

However, if I think it might affect routing, I will request an unlock/fix.

Lest I be called an ingrate, my thanks for the whole system. It has helped me immeasurably.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
dbraughlr wrote:
CBenson wrote:To get the roundabout instruction to work correctly on this roundabout, I had to not have the segments connect at the same point.
I do not consider traffic circles (e.g., Washington Circle to be roundabouts. They are circular roads controlled by traffic lights. In a real roundabout, traffic does not stop and roads do not cross. However, I do somewhat see how instructions to enter and exit the circle could be useful.
The question of roundabout versus traffic circle has been discussed a number of times before. Since Waze doesn't have a separate traffic circle equivalent to roundabout, they are all roundabouts. This is also consistent with user expectations due to users not knowing (and not caring) about the difference between the two, and common experience across other GPS and mapping systems.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message