Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by gertbroos
Olestas wrote:Maybe not an issue, but something strange:
Every time I click on any place, in console I see this:
WMESpeedhelper: making camera signs

Is it needed to make camers signs every time clicking on place?
Not intended (and did not happen in the earlier WME versions) Waze keeps changing the WME code, so you either keep up, or decide to only make changes to the scripts code, when needed (if it doesn't work at all)

As my time is limited (I also make Waze graphics for our local community) I decided to only update the source code when it doesn't work at all :D

I do however do updates regulary to update speed settings/add countries
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
cotero2002 wrote:This request may look kind o weird at this time but we need to add the US Virgin Isalnds to the script as they are apart from US or Puerto Rico. The Country Code for US Virgin Island is 241 if that helps. You can use US settings as a mold.

CountryName: US Virgin Islands

Waze abbreviation = US VI

The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 ,60, 65. 70, 75, 80

Kph or mph? = MPH
Screenshot_1.png
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Do you have a permalink of a (random) location? Just to be sure I get the correct location :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
cotero2002 wrote:
gertbroos wrote:
cotero2002 wrote:This request may look kind o weird at this time but we need to add the US Virgin Isalnds to the script as they are apart from US or Puerto Rico. The Country Code for US Virgin Island is 241 if that helps. You can use US settings as a mold.

CountryName: US Virgin Islands

Waze abbreviation = US VI

The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 ,60, 65. 70, 75, 80

Kph or mph? = MPH
Screenshot_1.png
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Do you have a permalink of a (random) location? Just to be sure I get the correct location :)
Sure:

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... =513999622

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... =513999622
Thanks! Waze country code here is VQ :)

The changes are now added and live in version 0.10.6
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
I've followed the discussion, but to make something that works both ways (single or both fields) isn't that easy.

How can you give the editor a choice in entering one or both fields (even the hidden ones)? With a checkbox?

The clearing of the speeds is allready possible at this time, by clicking the small circle next to the gear icon. If you then want to enter only 1 speed, I think it's much easier to do it manually.

I'm allways open for suggestions of course, but I don't have much time to do much coding lately, apart from adding/editing speed settings :/

Kind regards
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Winner_hun wrote:Hi!
Could you be add more speed limits for Hungary? I'd like to 5, 15 and 25 km/h. After all script update, I need to add this speed limits manually.
Thanks.
Keeping all the rest? So the list would be very long ):

5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
russblau wrote:Just noticed an odd little bug in this script. If I select a single two-way segment and then click on one of the speed limit signs to set the speed, the "save" counter increments to 2, as expected. However, if I select multiple two-way segments and then set a speed, the counter increments to 3. Hovering over the Save button, it appears that the script is changing the A->B speed twice, but the B->A speed only once, for each selected segment.
I see, maybe this started with the last WME update. I also tested, but even with this "bug" the script still works, so I'm not inclined to start changing the code.

I've heard that Waze HQ is working on the WME code, because some scripts stopped working, maybe this bug will be also fixed (fingers crossed)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
RussPA wrote:Script seems to be working fine, but I keep seeing this console error:
SpeedHelper.PNG
The abbr value should contain the 2 letter country code, maybe they have removed or changed this value. I will take a look when I can, but because the code keeps working for the most part, I'm not going to do it now. (a bit busy with other stuff)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message