Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by gertbroos
Apologies for the long period of non-updates :/

Update 0.11.6:
- Added Lesotho
- Added eSwatini
- Added Zimbabwe
- Added Andorra
- Added Mongolia
* Edited Guernsey -> mph
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
cw1998 wrote:Hi Gert,

Been thinking about how I can optimise my editing workflow, and I'm working on keyboard shortcuts at the moment. A neat feature addition for speedhelper, in my opinion, would be the ability to press a number on the keyboard to click the corresponding speed icon.

So if the speeds were 30, 40, 50, 60, 80... these would map to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the keyboard etc.

Thanks!
Nice idea, but sad to say I'm a bit too busy with other projects, to make big changes on this script :/ Will add it to the todo list, but no eta...
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
n4dog wrote:It has stopped working for me.
It's working fine here? I haven't seen any error messages popping up in the browsers console window, so I assume there's another script conflicting with speedhelper. As there are a lot of scripts, I cannot go testing each one :)

If you find the script in question (or another source) let me know, I can then see if there's an easy fix, but you are the first to mention this, so I'm going to assume the problem is on your pc?
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Feature request - typical apologies if already requested and discarded as not feasible...

Is it possible for the "clear values" function that removes SLs, to be modified to still function even if the fields are already blank because the selected segments have multiple SLs or a mix of some with and without SLs?

Scenario: Basemap LS segments have SLs applied because someone swept through during the push to add SLs a few years ago, but they are really just unnamed PRs or PLRs. Select the entire swath of segments (mix of segment types and various SLs or no SLs) to change all to PLR etc. In order to clear all SLs, have to click some other value to force them all to the same number, and can then use the clear values option to remove all.

Just looking for a way to reduce the two clicks required to clear SLs in these situations down to one click. It's petty, I know!

Love the script and happy to have it as is even if this change can't be done. Thanks for consideration.
Hi, did you allready try this button? This removes all SL's
SLCLear.png
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
I know, it's a bit small, but that was done intentionally, to not click on it by accident
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Thalibahn wrote:Hey Gert,

is it possible to add a 40 km/h sign to the German version of this script?
It's starting to get used more often now, especially in Stuttgart, and would be nice to have it too.

Kind regards
Tobi
Done
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
I'm currently working on a revised version, that should work with the new WME version. As there are a couple of things that are still giving problems, I have no ETA on when this should be finished, I'm hoping within the next couple of days.

gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Versio 0.12.0 is now out and should be working again.

Thanks to Glodenox for the assist in the missing code part.

@DBsooner: as I allread mentioned in my PM, you can allways share your updated code, I can allways use a fresh set of eyes to make improvments where needed. 
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
pox_online wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:57 pm Thanks for the update!
Just a minor case: If a speedlimit is unverified, it won't be verified by clicking on a speedlimit, it will be only changed. Or is that a problem of WME directly?

This is probably overlooked, as we don't really have any unverified segments anymore. Can you send me a permalink (PM) that is unverified, I can try if I can find a quick fix (if WME let's me of course)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
YanisKyr wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:26 pm
gareth71 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:59 am Looks like today's Prod update back to v2.180 has broken Speedhelper again...

EDIT : OK, there's something odd going on. The Speedhelper page on Greasyfork offers 0.12.0 as the "latest" version of the script. However, go into the version history, and 0.12.1 is listed as an older version even though it's actually a newer version. Install 0.12.1 ignoring the warnings about "downgrading to an older version", and it works again. Greasyfork is very confused...

For reference, here's where people can find v0.12.1

Should be fixed now. As I'm not actively maintaining this script anymore, I get sent fixes from other editors, but this last time I just edited the script online in Greasyfork and didn't upload it to my personal server, from where Greasyfork auto-sync's. So with the latest sync, it just copied the previous version again.

Mistery solved :)

gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Speedhelper is now being transferred to Github (should be done a long time ago, but didn't have many free time left) so In the future, updates should be picked up sooner.

This means that requests will be have to be made via the Github repository, no longer here throug this forum. 

Kind regards

gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message