Driving 500 miles in a week

Post by
When will my scoreboard give me credit for driving 500 miles in a week? I drove over 500 miles in a week during that period when points were not updating properly. . It still shows that I did not reach this goal. Thanks!

POSTER_ID:5110636

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
brrneon wrote:I drive 120 miles each day and I do this 5 to 6 days a week since I started in Oct. I've gotten the 500 mile bonus twice.
I think this is supposed to be a one-time bonus, so that's interesting.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
brrneon wrote:All the other one time bonuses have the word "First" in them, so if driving doesn't have a reoccuring bonus but map editing does then that is uncool.
I don't often drive more than 500 miles in a week, so I can't say for sure this is a "First" bonus as well. The map editing bonus is only in place to even out the points for driving vs. map editing. If one were to only drive, as some long-haul truckers who use Waze do, you can rack up some serious points from miles driven. Sitting at home in the evening, you can't get as many points for time spent, yet are likely affecting the map in many positive ways, connecting streets and adjusting intersections so that areas are actually routable. Something which driving alone cannot do. The bonus is to make up for "lost points" in that regard.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BlueCiVicD
I added up my trips shown in "My Drives" from last Monday to Last Sunday and I drove 517.17 miles, but haven't received the 1,000 points for doing so.

Can someone, please help?

Thanks!
BlueCiVicD
Send a message

Post by brrneon
I drive 120 miles each day and I do this 5 to 6 days a week since I started in Oct. I've gotten the 500 mile bonus twice. I must be doing something wrong because the editor does not pull up for me. So the only place I can see my history is in the My Dashboard. So here is my standard friday and monday:

Mon Feb 6 17:22:39 CST 2012 39.53 KM
Mon Feb 6 16:31:04 CST 2012 57.01 KM
Mon Feb 6 06:52:56 CST 2012 96.91 KM
= 193.45 km = 120.2 miles
Fri Feb 3 16:06:24 CST 2012 17.84 KM
Fri Feb 3 11:46:21 CST 2012 59.32 KM
Fri Feb 3 10:41:20 CST 2012 36.54 KM
Fri Feb 3 06:46:54 CST 2012 97.12 KM
= 210.82 KM = 130.9 miles

I wish I could see what I did within a week in the My Dashboard section. But I have been doing the same route everyday 5 days a week for the last 4 years.
brrneon
Send a message

Post by brrneon
Did you maybe not get credit for it the first time?
Maybe not... it did show up twice I remember that, but the wording for the bonus is "Drive 500 miles within a week" not something like "First 500 miles driven within a week". All the other one time bonuses have the word "First" in them, so if driving doesn't have a reoccuring bonus but map editing does then that is uncool.
brrneon
Send a message

Post by coontex
Sometimes it takes a week or so for this to update and there have been some issues with driving points updates as of late. Please give it time and if it does not show up by next week you may need to contact waze support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
daedalus01 wrote:Just a quick clarification about the 500 miles in a week bonus candy - is it a hard Sunday to Saturday (or even Monday to Sunday) cut off, or is it a floating 7 days of window?

I ask because I've driven 570 miles between July 26 (a Saturday) and today (July 31), but most of those miles were on July 26... does that mean the previous Saturday does not count toward the current week?
It is from Monday to Sunday according to the waze wiki.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
giblets46 wrote:I've the same, 538 recorded (was more, but due to 'network unavailable it was only 538 :( ).
Also points don't seem to be updating on my score either (regularly checking as close to my shield!).
Depending on the amount of driving that you did at one time sometimes it takes a few days to update your points. A drive from Florida to Louisiana took me almost a week last month to get my points. Be patient they are going to show up.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
Waze.com/support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by daedalus01
Just a quick clarification about the 500 miles in a week bonus candy - is it a hard Sunday to Saturday (or even Monday to Sunday) cut off, or is it a floating 7 days of window?

I ask because I've driven 570 miles between July 26 (a Saturday) and today (July 31), but most of those miles were on July 26... does that mean the previous Saturday does not count toward the current week?
daedalus01
Send a message