Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
Validator is no longer highlighting issues on the map for me. If I click a problem segment, it does give me the list of things wrong with it, but there's no color coding anymore.

I have tried disabling all other scripts. I have made sure that the highlight issues on the map option is enabled.

The script is obviously not dead, because it does display issues on the highlighted segment.

Windows 7, Chrome 34.0.1847.137 m (current version), Tampermonkey is loading Validator 0.9.9
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
CBenson wrote:
lg1992 wrote:Now, as landmarks have been changed with places that have categories and sub-categories, I occasionally meet a place with a general category only. It would be nice to have the Validator to mark such places.
If done, I'd like this to be optional. The sub-categories are hardly comprehensive. Many of the places around me only have a general category as none of the sub-categories are appropriate.
Agreed. I don't really see a need for it at all. Even if they were more comprehensive, we don't have any rules currently discouraging use of the upper level categories.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
ispyisail wrote:Hi all

I would like a custom check for for segments with "no name" and over "50 meters" long?

Is this possible?

and can anybody suggest how to do it?
try this:
template: ${street}:${length}
expression: /^:([0-9]{3,5}|[5-9][0-9]$)/

Matches from 50-99999 (note: includes 50, not just 51, and will not find any that are 100km or more)

Also note that this is not specific to road type. You might want to exclude PLRs, for example.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Just FYI, here is the list of codes for each ${type}:

1 Street
2 Primary Street
3 FW
4 Ramp
5 Walking trail
6 MH
7 mH
8 Dirt
9 Unassigned?
10 Boardwalk
11-15 Unassigned?
16 Stairway
17 Private
18 Railroad
19 Runway
20 PLR
21 Service rd

Putting it at the end (the $ says there can't be anything after it, so 1-Street is not confused with 10-Boardwalk or 16-Stairway, etc.):

template: ${street}:${length}:${type}
expression: /^:[0-9]{3,}:[1-46-8]$/

This says street name is blank (nothing between start and first colon), length has at least 3 digits ([0-9] is any digit, {3,} means 3 or or of that), and [1-46-8] means any single digit except 0, 5, or 9, which most of the common types that you would expect to have a name, except that ramp may not have a name. Railroad should probably also be included, in which case:

expression for nameless >=100m of types expecting a name (which EXCLUDES ramps): /^:[0-9]{3,}:([1-36-8]|18)$/

Excuse the RegEx tutorial :)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Waze development and Validator apparently have different definitions of road overlap and sharp angles. Recently Waze has started making available "reports" to RCs, so that we can go through the map and fix them so they don't cause routing issues. I have noticed that Waze uses a stricter definition than Validator, and it would probably be useful to have Validator use the same expectations.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Don't forget that WME Toolbox incorporates much of JNF, including the Q functionality, so test this with Toolbx and JNF both off. It will probably work anyway BUT with the side effect of making all junction traversals illegal (all red arrows).
krikketdoug wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:It would appear that Waze has decided that U-Turns and dead-end U-Turns are not going to be editable any more. Personally, I think that's a bad idea at intersections, since how can you indicate where a U-Turn is actually legal to perform for the routing engine? But that's another topic.

Since that seems to now be the case, is there any chance that Validator can be updated to no longer highlight roads with "Unconfirmed turn at node {A|B}" when node {A|B} is a dead end?
I just tested this. You can still make it a hard no u-turn by clicking on the end node and typing "q". This works while running JNF and without JNF installed. (I just tested both cases.) So you just need a keyboard to edit them.

Krikket
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
I went straight with "V" unmodified :)

Does the keystroke automatically update? Mine had stayed at Shift-W (interfering with Waze's new Shift-W for closing SV) until I manually changed it. I checked, and I did have 1.0.2.
berestovskyy wrote:04.07.2014 v1.0.2:
- Complete Hebrew translation thanks to gad_m
- Minor UI changes for right-to-left languages (please report any issues)
- Changed keyboard shortcut to 'Alt+V'

+ Two new external translations:
Note: you need to install them along with the main Validator package using Tampermonkey Super-mega-cool! Thanks guys!
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
The whole U-turn thing has become another source of frustration and confusion... well, I should say, and even greater source, it always was a source. The guidance is ambiguous, the way it works is unclear, the advice seems contradictory, and the implementation of the temporary fix counterintuitive and perhaps counterproductive.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Gregorygf wrote:I need a Level 5 Map Editor to fix this error. When turning off of Rand Road onto westbound Capri Drive, at the very next intersection with an unnamed road to runs NNW, at that point Capri Drive becomes ONE WAY in the east bound direction. Waze thinks it's a two way street and tries to route me down that street. https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-1.318 ... 597&zoom=0
This is not the place for that post. Please post to the unlock forum instead.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
The reason you get multiple segments types highlighted for /1/ is that it also matches /10/../19/ and /21/. You need to either use a matching separators before/after the template and expression, or use the explicit start/end codes in the expression.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message