These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jmmen
This issue has been on the forum for a while, it has a previous threat. Any how, it is a Waze problem, try using a previous version, not the latest.
Jmmen
Send a message

Post by Jmmen
It is a Waze issue, the latest version has a problem. Try a previous one. This subject is on a previous threat.
Jmmen
Send a message

Post by joeqp
I am cell phone challenged and don't even know the difference between wifi and Bluetooth.
thus kindly please advise me, or direct me to some detailed instructions, presenting step by step procedure from cell phone activation to waze to gps activation. I can't get past a message saying ''no gps signal''.

the speed with which I have reached my current state of waze proficiency is great testimony to its superior user friendly design. nice job.

help will be greatly appreciated.
joeqp
Send a message

Post by joeqp
thanks for the help Pedrolima785 ... I will give it a try.
joeqp
Send a message

Post by JoeWalker9
Just posted at another Topic site (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=152697).

""Another point of reference:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which has always had intermittent issues w/losing gps signal while on waze. Since my last waze update a couple of days ago (R3.9.5.4) the problem has gotten significantly worse. I may have a hardware issue, but it has been made worse by software. Thoughts?""

I'm thinking app related issue with weak gps..??
JoeWalker9
Send a message

Post by john398
I am having the lost of GPS signal on my Galaxy Tablet as well, I will follow this thread
john398
Send a message

Post by JohnRobinsonSpeedy11
Hello, after reading several "Fixes" it seems to me that the real answer to this problem is to turn off Wifi before starting Waze. If you do this it seems that Waze does not try using the Wifi and so retains the GPS signal. Is my understanding correct? Thank you.
JohnRobinsonSpeedy11
Send a message

Post by JohnSaudi
Same issue here periodically insofar as other apps (Google Maps, GPS Status) can get a good lock at the same time as Waze refuses to. It's as if Waze is using a different API to get the GPS co-ordinates compared to everything else! An inconvenient phone reset fixes the issue for me until the next time it happens...
JohnSaudi
Send a message

Post by JoshT1000
Im having problem with with GPS in Waze it says no gps aproximate location. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps waze as suggested turning off location services and restarting mutiple times, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app mutiple times ive tried logging out and back into waze nothing. works.I have tried other apps like google maps works no problem. I even found a GPS diagnostic app and my gps works. I also contacted my provider my gps is working. I sent a ticket into waze just said this:

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the reply.

Please note that most GPS issues aren’t usually related to Waze, but rather to the device you’re using.

Because of that, we'd like to ask you to contact your phone's provider about that issue.

Best regards,

The Waze Support team

I dont buy this for a minute ive read alot of other people havimg this problem here on this fourm and somone just posted in twitter today they just got a brand new IPhone 8 and was having the same issue. There is no way all people who are having this problem devices gps are not working. Im very frustraded and disapointed. The response i got from waze above I call that the brush off i cant be bothered response.
JoshT1000
Send a message
Attachments

Post by JoshT1000
I dont have a 8 I have a Iphone 6s
JoshT1000
Send a message