The Fej wrote:
OK - based on your input, Android version 126.96.36.199 is released and can be downloaded fromhttp://tiny.cc/waze9
* Scrolling with d-pad
* Network related crashes (when disconnected from network - thanks to gerben)
* Languages downloading problems
If all's well, we'll upload it to the market tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for new bug fixes! But I must ask you again to bring back old-style bottom menu as option. It's very, very, very
- find and press small and dark hardware 'Menu' button;
- wait until native menu appears (there may be very
long delay at that step!);
- try to hit proper menu button;
- try to do something following by that (send road report or something else).
Note that all these steps I must pass while driving a car, instead of looking forward to the road! It's not only inconvenience, but every exessive dialog and every exessive press to the menu button is really dangerous to driver! That's why i stopped sendind road reports at all.
Do think of usability!
By the way, is there any easy way to make waze client to return to my current position while on the way? Every accidental touch to the map screen makes waze client to stop following my motion and the only way to return to my current position is to pass all that nightmare with menus again and again. If you determined not to bring old-style menu back, maybe you should allow user to chose on-screen buttons to quick access frequently used functions?