The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
beffl wrote:I do understand your fear! And yes you can damage maps with this tool. But you can also damage maps in the same way without using that tool! Perhaps not so quick, but definitely you can!

So you would have to lock out of WAZE all Users you don’t trust. That would be the same like you want to retire the extension tools!
Exactly. My fear is that is exactly what is coming. Most users will be locked out to achieve the same result as retiring the extension tools.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cdombroski
No workies for chrome as well...
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Count me as another major point scorer who has not used the ET, I tried it once, but saw the dangers and decided it wasn't worth the risk. So my total ET edit count is about 20 or less.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
1 edit per second for five minutes? That's a mere 300 edits. Find a city that was just basemapped but nothing else. Particularly if the city is laid out on a basic grid. click on a segment, click on select all (to get all or at least several of the segments. Click on road direction drop down select two way.) maybe two seconds for this series if you are slow and you could have an easy dozen edits. Do again for the next street in the grid, continue for the rest of the grid, five minutes can easily clean up a small city/town. for several hundred points, but that's not the big point gainer. Now go back over the city, select each intersection (click) hit Q then W, then on to the next junction. That's four edits for four direction arrows, time a second or less.

300 edits in five minutes? Easy peasy, maybe not for hours straight but not hard to get, not hard at all.

Now if the city has un-named street segments that slows it down (harder/slower to group select) as does making sure you aren't dealing with one way roads (rare in my area). But 300 edits in five minutes is still not hard to get.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by dave_cairns
Re: chrome plugin..

I've unzipped ver:1.6.4, and replaced the old waze.user.js with the new waze.user.js (ver:1.6.5)

I've also updated the manifest.json to reflect 1.6.5dc in the extension name.

Save the attachment as WME-extended-tools.crx (change .zip to .crx)

To install in Chrome, select tools - extensions, then drag and drop the renamed file into the extensions window.

Please provide some feedback as to which components work and which ones don't.

Regards,
Dave.
dave_cairns
Send a message
Last edited by dave_cairns on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dave_cairns
Hi Doomed,

I can't take credit for the script - I just repackaged it.

I found the positioning a problem too, but I got around it by selecting Full Screen which moved it to an icon in the toolbar. The windows that open are drag-able and re-sizable. Their size and position seem to persist on my PC, but I'm not closing Chrome, just navigating away from WME then back again.

I only discovered/started using this script last week - about a day or two before the new editor was rolled out, so I don't really know what was supposed to be included. I'm switching back and forwards between GC and FF and they both seem pretty similar.

I'm a bit pressed for time, but I'll try to find an older script that includes the "allow all drives" and see if I can merge it back in to the new code.

Again, all credit for the script goes to its original author..
dave_cairns
Send a message

Post by dave_cairns
Further...

I've just downloaded the old ver: 1.2.2 and it's not mentioned in there either.. something I have noticed however is that there is an "allow all connections" shortcut key - W - listed in the keyboard shortcuts of the new editor (use shift + ? for the full list) - is that what you are referring to?

If not - do you have a copy of one of the .js files that includes it? either a GreaseMonkey version or a Chrome extension? If so could you zip it and PM me please?

Cheers,
Dave.
dave_cairns
Send a message

Post by dave_cairns
bz2012 wrote:Aside from the things that don't work yet with the new WME, I noticed a couple of things that probably should NOT be in the Extended Tools set:

The link to Cartouche old is no longer useful and
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... Imagery.29
make it clear that we can NOT use google maps.

The link to livemap IS useful and should be kept!
OK, so I've removed Cartouche and Google, and added OpenStreetMaps.

I'm working behind a proxy/firewall most of the time, which is causing problems for FF, hence my interest in Chrome.

I've started using a 4th level version number as Chrome wont accept anything else.

The "allow all drives" issue raised earlier seems to be related to a change in permission levels - which as a newbie I'm not going to mess with. :)

Please delete any references to 1.6.5dc and start using this one.
Again all credit goes to the original author alcolo47
WME-extended-tools-1.6.5.2.zip
rename to .crx and drag and drop into chrome extensions
(29.08 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
dave_cairns
Send a message

Post by dave_cairns
kentsmith9 wrote:Problem with ZIP file. Error: No Central Directory.

Maybe the file got corrupted.
I've just downloaded and installed it OK. Have another go. Be sure to rename the file WME-extended-tools-1.6.5.2.crx (not .zip)

D.
dave_cairns
Send a message

Post by dave_cairns
The file has been packaged using Chrome, but an unzipper like 7zip will read its contents.

For FF the only file you need from the package is the waze.user.js

I trust you already have an older version of the script loaded - if so, open FF menu -addons - userscripts.

In the extended tools section select options - edit this user script.

In the editor that opens - select everything, and delete.

Open the waze.user.js from the zip file - select everything and copy to clipboard.

Switch back to the editor window and paste. Save the new script and close the editor.

Click ok to close the userscript options page.

refresh your WME page, and the script *should* run - it may depend on the version of FF you are running - I've got it running on 16.0.2.

As noted elsewhere, the new WME has changed some of its java code, so collections aren't available at the moment - i.e. bulk updates don't work - but that's not entirely a bad thing. :)
dave_cairns
Send a message