Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

New Android pre-Market Beta release 1.5.2

Post by The Fej
You can download the android version 1.5.2.4 from the following location
http://tiny.cc/1524 (Updated to latest link 14.01.2010)

The version includes:
* Memory optimizations
* Performance optimizations
* Ping a wazer - enable to ping other members of your local driving community (if they have made themselves available to be pinged by setting --> profile --> 'I agree to be pinged')
* SD Card notification when not accessible
* HD screen UI correction
* Bug corrections

Be grateful for comments
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by The Fej
OK - based on your input, Android version 1.5.2.3 is released and can be downloaded from
http://tiny.cc/waze9

Fixed:
* Scrolling with d-pad
* Network related crashes (when disconnected from network - thanks to gerben)
* Languages downloading problems

If all's well, we'll upload it to the market tomorrow.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Either way works, but the additional information provided in the forum enables me to link the data with an actual scenario and makes things easier to debug.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
You can save the map data if that is improtant (just copy it to the side and put it back after reinstall).
If there are still crashes please send us (to alpha@waze.com) the waze_log.txt and logcat.txt, residing on the waze directory located on the SD card.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Just to update we corrected the crash detect by gerben as well as a small HD screen UI correction done.
New version is on: http://tiny.cc/waze
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Just to update we corrected the parse error - should not appear any more when you reactivate the application. Had to do with a mismatch of configuration between new client and server.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
@damaniac: Hard for me to explain that. I tested it extensively and it felt much much faster (on a Cliq). Did you install it from scratch ? And what device did you install it on ? Do you see the 1.5.2.0 version when pressing the wazer on the upper left corner (just in case the installation did not succeed) ?
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
It will be in the market once we've gotten enough feedback that it is functioning well (hopefully better than previously).
It does have the correction that enables data accumulated in off-line to be uploaded to the site (but the current Android version has the same correction already so I am not sure if you currently do not have ability to pave when being disconnected from the mobile Internet). If you are referring to totally off-line usage of waze (I.e. waze will not attempt to connect via the mobile internet), that version does not have this capability.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by Stormer
Why we don't have any classic color scheme? Like red, yellow, green, etc. roads? I don't like any of themes supplied ;P Maybe same colors like in web editor could be good enough...
Stormer
Send a message

Post by sketch
Ensure that "Nickname" is filled in along with username and password in the Profile settings.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!