Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Szata76
Hi,

I found a bug in 1.93. The "Recently Edited (Green)" highlighting option is not working properly. It is coloring only landmarks if the "Highlight Places" is on. When I turned it off, it highlighted the railroads, so It doesn't work for drivable streets.

Thanks is advance for inspecting,
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
As far as I can remember, this addon had had ability to show revcons. Is my memory bad or this feature has removed?

It's a must have feature, could You put it back or make it available?

Thanks!
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
RussPA wrote:
Szata76 wrote:As far as I can remember, this addon had had ability to show revcons. Is my memory bad or this feature has removed?

It's a must have feature, could You put it back or make it available?

Thanks!
Toolbox has an option for Revcons, and it works very well.
Unfortunately I don't like Toolbox, unlike many of us. It's too much for me.
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by taco909
And WMECH is more consistent with its highlighting at various zoom levels.
Validator is a great tool, but it is a bit quirky (not unlike Waze itself).
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:Toolbox also highlights these, although who knows how long Toolbox will be around....
Please don't say that.

I held off on installing it because as a new editor, I wanted to avoid issues creating by having a tool that was too powerful.
Now, I am very happy to have it and its loss would be a major impediment to efficiency.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.
I had another situation this morning where I needed to convert a group of 2-way streets to 1-way, and I forgot to disable turns first. I got no Revcon notification from either Validator or WMECH.
Also, over the past four days I've run Validator scripts against the entire eastern Los Angeles and Orange County basin. I did not get a single "hit" for Revcon for probably 800 square miles of scanning.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Yup... Reverse connectivity.
"Permitted" turn onto a Non-permitted direction.
Normally not an issue for routing, though I have heard that under certain situations, Waze MAY route the wrong way down a one-way, just as it may route a prohibited left turn out of a side street if there is no other way to route to the destination.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
And unrelated to the Revcon, but just general editing.... If you have a 10 mile stretch of road and a PLR is added on the south side, but there is no way to make a left out of that PLR, it is wise to search for the nearest point to the east that a U-Turn could be made and make sure that crossover is added, or if the road is not split, add a PLR on the north side to provide a way to get "From here to there"
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:
Taco909 wrote:nearest point to the east that a U-Turn could be made and make sure that crossover is added, or if the road is not split, add a PLR on the north side to provide a way to get "From here to there"
I hope you mean "where a u-turn could be make *legally*" -- there are a lot of interstates where there are turn-arounds restricted to emergency vehicles only...
Of course.

I was thinking more of rural MH roads what may have dozens of driveways over a couple of miles, but few mapped.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Also as I understood the number have to be touched by editor RECENTLY, not just touched by editor. But who know which date is the threshold?
?????
That's crazy.

Once it transitions from unconfirmed to "trusted" (touched), it's a safe bet that the house hasn't moved!

I mean, yes, we have contractors that move houses from time to time, but if the owner is really OCD about preserving the home, they generally keep the original numbers on the house but move from 123 Main, Northland to 123 Main, Southland, or maybe 123 Division, Anytown.

But is 123 Main really going to move across the street?
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich