Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:With the current WSLB, when auto-launched with Waze, I'm not able to disable it (over the Notification menu entry, Exit button). It says "disabled", the red button circle disappears and suddenly "enabled" and the circle reappears.
Just in case, please check the service again. Did you have the problem with the previous version? If no, try to uninstall the app completely and install again.
Service is correctly enabled and WSLB starts/disables in tandem with Waze. With the previous version it was possible to Exit. I've tried to uninstall+install 0.40b, but it did not help. Installed back 0.35b and exiting immediately worked. Again 0.40b and again no Exit possible, while Waze is running in foreground.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote:- improved UI on for FullHD display;
Still a near miss with the red button ring around the speedometer in the Portrait orientation and completely away in Landscape, I'll post screenshots sometimes tomorrow. I wonder whether the Waze speedometer position is always relative to the lower left corner, or "it depends" - in such case the users would need an optional offset setup to fine-tune it.

It becomes now obvious, that the red button ring optically disturbs the original speedometer functionality - it is always red. Possibly a similar gray would be better, it would not disturb the original speedo ring, but would be obvious when something different is being displayed.
Vinkoy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Service is correctly enabled and WSLB starts/disables in tandem with Waze. With the previous version it was possible to Exit. I've tried to uninstall+install 0.40b, but it did not help. Installed back 0.35b and exiting immediately worked. Again 0.40b and again no Exit possible, while Waze is running in foreground.
foxitrot, please try new 0.41b version. Let me know if the problem is still there. Thanks.
Still the same with the debug version and now even more weird with final 0.41b. After opening WSLB from notification menu and pressing OK / Cancel / Exit Waze gets overlaid with solid gray foreground. (Do it three times and the red ring disappears and WSLB says Disabled. But the gray foreground keeps.) Pressing the Back key discards the gray overlay and Waze is back, but so is the red button ring.

I've not tested the URs yet on higher speeds.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Just now I've noticed that the "Waze SLB" entry in the system notification menu contains an Exit button. Disabling WSLB this way works.

(I do not remember having it seen with the previous versions and am sorry if it was there, I've been opening the setup interface and pressing Exit there. Until 0.35b it worked.)

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Still a near miss with the red button ring around the speedometer in the Portrait orientation and completely away in Landscape, I'll post screenshots sometimes tomorrow
To tell the truth I wasn't able to run android emulator with FullHD on my PC, so the changes are applied only on the basis of theory. Please share with screenshots, I'll see.
Screenshot_2016-04-24-16-48-39-2.png
Portrait Full-HD
(57.99 KiB) Downloaded 1039 times
Screenshot_2016-04-24-16-49-18-2.png
Landscape Full-HD
(54.9 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times
Vinkoy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Still the same with the debug version and now even more weird with final 0.41b. After opening WSLB from notification menu and pressing OK / Cancel / Exit Waze gets overlaid with solid gray foreground. (Do it three times and the red ring disappears and WSLB says Disabled. But the gray foreground keeps.) Pressing the Back key discards the gray overlay and Waze is back, but so is the red button ring.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce this problem. Could you please tell me more details, such as status of GSP/Wi-Fi/Mobile data, status of checkboxes in Waze SLB, if the Waze app was started, how Waze SLB was started (automatically with Waze or manually)? Also pay attention if the GPS data has been fixed at the moment or fixing of location was in process?
Happens always the same regardless of GPS/WiFi/Mobile data being enabled or disabled. WSLB is set to autostart with Waze, show button.
Vinkoy wrote:Regarding Exit action in notification, it has been added in v0.35b.
I've just not noticed it.
Vinkoy wrote:BTW, both Exit from notification and Exit button in config form uses the same method to shutdown app. There should be no difference. If they behave differently, additional debugging is necessary to find out the reason.
I suspect that the difference is, that when pressing Exit in notification menu, the foreground app is Waze. But when pressing the config dialog's Exit button, WSLB was on foreground. After Waze getting back again to foreground, WSLB possibly gets triggered and re-Enabled?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote: Corentin-48, the app checks internet connection on startup. If network in unavailable the app closes automatically. Otherwise, app is useless without internet connection, it won't be able to send reports. […]
Indeed it would be better not to close the application immediately if the network is not available. Instead, the app should be kept in background waiting for the Internet while Waze is running. Added in todo.
The Internet connection may be later temporarily unavailable also at the moments of pressing the SL buttons. You should definitely not rely on it and try to cache any unsent data while it is so. (We are desperately trying to convince Waze devs to do the same with drive data, reports and URs for years.)

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote:Initially, I didn't want to display the button at all because I didn't see the need. I've added a checkbox "Show button" just to let user know where to tap. I thought users then unckeck this option to hide the ring. In this case the button becomes invisible, but it continues to work.
The button is visually obtrusive, but it is actually quite important, because it reminds on the active button while Waze displays something different instead of the speed, like menus or keyboard.

Could the 5-second hide-the-button timeout be user-defined? Usually the 5 seconds are not sufficient at all while typing etc.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Both the web page and its app download link work for me.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
fernandoanguita wrote:First of all... Congratulations for the useful script !!
kkesley wrote:I congratulate you for the script that has helped us a lot to correct the speed limits in hugs maps. ;)
Folks, just a factual note: WSLB is not a script, rather a stand-alone application, just like Waze.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy, please think about adding an option to at least turn off the thin red speedo ring, or better to manually adjust its position / color / diameter. While using it (because it is useful), it is optically colliding with Waze GUI (the red ring is highly intensive) and I'm considering it more and more obtrusive - it renders the original functionality (grey and red ring) nearly useless.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Olestas wrote:You can turn it off, in settings.
I've already forgot this, thanks for reminding me.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message