Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

This forum is about the search function in the Waze App. Use it to talk about anything related to searching on your app.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby caze_ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 am

Ferd, if you are in the same area code of your contacts you do not need to store those area code and the phone number, but only the phone number and the phone company connects the calls, making the area codes optional and sometimes we only store the phone numbers of our contacts.
You need to use the full length of your contact phone number otherwise Waze can't "see" this as legit contacts.
The format I am talking about is (nn) or (nnn) depending your country format for area code plus phone number = (area code) + phone number, e.g (nn) nnnn-nnnn or full path with : country code + (area code) + phone number e.g +nn (nn) nnnnn-nnnn. All contacts with this phone number format waze could see, all the others missing the area code numbers in parentheses, waze could not.
At least, this was what solve my problem.
caze_

Postby ChenpaiDavid » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:27 am

Same issue on Samsung S7. Please help?
ChenpaiDavid

Postby chuckles4200 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 am

Been having the same problem for a long time - Galaxy S6. Hoping it would have been fixed by now. Trying to share a location via any means, and can not access contacts. I do have a short list of contacts that are other wazers that appears, but it will not search/access Contacts. Nor can I select a Contact and drive to it.

When I first started using Waze, it was adding a second contact in my address book, but only duplicating the name. I deleted those. Who wants to see a second contact with a Wazeicon that has no useful information?

Waze was a great standalone app till Google bought them and integrated it with Google Maps. Wazers are providing the info for G Maps users who do not contribute to reports.
chuckles4200

Postby Chwhitt » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.0.0.1

Really can't persuade Waze to look in my contacts for destinations. It will search contacts for friends, but I don't want to set them all as friends. Just want contacts in my destination search.

Help!
Chwhitt

Re: Contacts not listed in search results

Postby Courtyard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:56 pm

same issue with ios 10.2.2 on iPhone 6, 6s and iPad mini 4 running Waze 4.19.1.0
Copy and paste still works but, yeah this is pretty lame of Waze to not address and fix the issue.

maximumcap wrote:Hi,

For some reason my contacts in my phone (who all have addresses attached to their contact) are not appearing in the search results on my iPhone version of Waze. I went to the phone settings and to Waze to ensure it had access to my contacts and there is no option listed there. Then I went to privacy and contacts to see if Waze were in that menu, but it is not. Therefore I redownlaoded the app to try again-it did not even request access to my contacts.

I'd really like to be able to search a contact's name in Waze rather than type out their address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Max
Courtyard

Finally got "add friends" to display my contact list

Postby Craig-S » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:17 am

I have been trying for so long to get the "add friends" feature to work with no luck and my wife had no trouble on her android phone. I finally compared my wife's phone settings to mine and figured out a way to get my contacts to show up. My wife and I are both using a Galaxy S7.

Here is what I had to do:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Accounts
- Go to Google
- Select the google account that had my contacts
- Turn every item on (originally I only had contacts and gmail ON)
- Exit
- Start Waze
- Go to Friends
- select the '+' sign
- select "find friends from contacts" and magic happened and my contacts finally showed up after months of frustration and searching.

I am not sure which setting actually worked, but when I turned all on it worked so I called it good.

Maybe it will help someone else. Good Luck!
Craig-S

waze can not load my contact list

Postby cristianpeiu » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi
I have a s6 edge, and when I push the button "find friends from contact", appear only 9 contacts from 450.
Can sameone tell me how to fix this problem?
cristianpeiu

Postby DiablitoJR » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:44 am

Zebios, the issue is not finding friends. And it is not related to the phone numbers.

First: There is no issue in iOS. It works in Apple phones.
Second: The issue is searching for contacts to drive to their address. Not to add them as friends in Waze.

To replicate the issue do this. Have a contact in your Android phone with an address. Let's call it "Michael Smith", so let's say Michael lives in 123 Main Street. Now, open Waze and click on the bottom LEFT, magnifying glass icon... on the search box, type Michael Smith

Does Michael appear? Are you able to route Waze to his 123 Main Street address?
It does appear if you have an iPhone, it will not if you have an Android device.

I've tried 2 Android phones, 1 Android Tablet and 3 iPhones. Results are consistent in all.

Now, can we get this code fixed please?
DiablitoJR

Postby DiablitoJR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Anyway to submit this as a bug report?
I've noticed a couple of updates already and this search function does not get fixed yet.
DiablitoJR

Postby DiablitoJR » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:17 pm

It's been weeks, months actually and still NOT FIXED. :roll:
DiablitoJR

PreviousNext

Return to Search