Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Add restrictions like length, width and height

Postby GigaaG » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 am

Hello,
I was wondering why we can't add this information in the map. I think it's a great feature for truck drivers but also for RV's (campers) and trailers. You can already set restrictions in de WME for species of traffic, days and times, so why not for truck restrictions like:
- Closed for trucks / RV's;
- Closed for vehicles longer than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles wider than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles higher than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles with an axle load more than X tons;
- Closed for vehicles heavier than X tons;
- Closed for trucks with hazardous substances;
- Closed for vehicles with more than X axles..

Thereby, you can set your max. speed, so your ETA will be updated to your max. speed :)

If you are a truck driver, you switch the truckers option on in the settings (or download Waze for trucker drivers), fill in the fields and there you go! Maybe een an option for agricultural traffic!

I think this can be a great feature for the truck drivers and hereby you create a whole new audience for Waze!

Greets,
GigaaG | Netherlands
Last edited by GigaaG on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
GigaaG
State Manager
State Manager

Re: WAZE for truckers

Postby DamnYankeeFrankie » Sat May 21, 2016 1:40 pm

"Truck GPS Route Navigation" by Teletype on GooglePlay is very accurate for Truck Routing with attention to options like weight, height, axles, hazmat and length. WAZE can buy them out & add to WAZE. Even if WAZE offered PAID SUBSCRIPTION OPTION for Trucks, I'm sure many Truckers would sign up & pay. I'm paying $50 year for the current Trucker App mentioned above & it's no where near as fun as WAZE is but it helps me stay on legal roads. WAZE, opening the doors to Truckers will be an algorithm tsunami!! Truckers run all roads across the country 24/7/365.
DamnYankeeFrankie

waze for RV/Truckers

Postby HowardEskins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:38 pm

I rely on waze for all my auto driving. I've tied using waze on my last few RV trips. Because some of the routes takes you through back streets and tight places, it's not reliable, especially in areas outside of major metropolitan areas.

Are there any plans to create a version for rv/truckers?
HowardEskins

Maximum speed redused calculated arraive time

Postby fredrikj1973 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Im driving with a caravan a lot and max speed is 80kmh.
The calculated time when to arrive is on the roads max speed for example 110kmh.
There would be nice if you can set max allowed speed in the app and then calculate arrive time after that.
50kmh and 70kmh are as normal but 90, 110, 120kmh is set to 80kmh.
I think that would be nice to all truckers also there max speed is 80kmh in Sweden as well.
fredrikj1973

Truck route(18 wheeler)

Postby RODWILSONSR » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:08 am

How about adding truck routing to the app.i use it in my work truck as well as my personal truck and it would be very helpful to know that the route that I'm being rerouted to is a route that a 18 wheeler is allowed to be on and not put into a tight situation.thanks in advance
RODWILSONSR

Re: Truck route(18 wheeler)

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 am

RODWILSONSR wrote:How about adding truck routing to the app.i use it in my work truck as well as my personal truck and it would be very helpful to know that the route that I'm being rerouted to is a route that a 18 wheeler is allowed to be on and not put into a tight situation.thanks in advance

Since this is a request for the app I moved it from the Waze Map Editor requests section into the app one. Also I merged your post in the existing thread for it, please search the forum before opening new threads.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby Op3nsrc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:04 pm

I didn't want to recreate the same request, but this would be a great feature! I use Waze when pulling my 30-ft camper, and there are times I can't trust the route chosen, because sometimes the roads aren't easily drivable when one's vehicle is really long. Even something in the settings to specify vehicle length. Then it's a simple calculation in the app: vehicle X ft long can't make a 44-degree turn due to length exceeding turn radius.
Op3nsrc

Set speed for ETA (caravan)

Postby ManuelTn78 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:28 am

Please give a choice to set MAX speed on higway, if i tow a caravan , MAX speed is 100km/h in germany and 80 km/h in Italy .
Eta is wrong!
ManuelTn78

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby greenmonster9669 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:59 am

I will echo the request for a large truck routing option. And in addition to the police/hazard/etc warnings, incorporate a way for drivers to show whether weigh stations are open or closed when they pass by like the app Trucker Path does.
greenmonster9669

Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby GigaaG » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm

I created a post in the Waze Suggestion Box about this topic. Feel free to vote this suggestion. I tried to combine all posts from this topic, but feel free to give a comment if you think I forget something.

Thank you.

Sjors | GigaaG
GigaaG
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests