Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by foxitrot
Vinkoy wrote:- added an option to set position and color of the button. The color should be in hex: #AARRGGBB, where AA - alpha channel (transparency), ...
Thank for supporting also the alpha :-) Now a non-intrusive button is back, #aargh!
One issue - the landscape mode needs to remember a separate offset ;-)
Please consider also an option to modify the ring diameter.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
BillR5 wrote:Like the addition of the Speed limit and Alert. Just a couple of additional changes to consider for improvement.
1) Current Alert values are Percent. Would be nice to have them as constant values over Speed Limit...
2) When over Speed Limit and below alert, change speed display to Yellow as as indication that you are between the Speed Limit and Alert Level.
Are you talking about Waze's speedometer? This thread is about something different, for the case you haven't noticed.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
I've finally found the culprit! I've modified the red ring into different position and color. When I disable it temporarily (long press on ring, because of text editing etc.) and then immediately decide to disable it "completely" (i.e. until the next app switch from & to Waze) from the notification menu (during the 5 second timeout), the ring does not stay disabled. After the 5 second timeout it appears again, at my specified position, but with the default red color. At the same time the phone notification menu is missing the WSLB entry. After disabling the modified red ring temporarily (long press) it repeatably appears again, but red.

The only way out of this situation is to switch from Waze to anything else and return to Waze. The ring has correct (my own) color, the WSLB entry reappears in the phone notification menu and I can correctly disable it.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I've restarted my phone a couple of times (an OS 5.1.1 -> 6.0.1 update) prior to putting it on a charger. A few hours later I've detached it from the charger, briefly checked emails and hangout messages and looked at one short video spot on a browser. I've not run Waze during the process, yet WSLB has consumed quite a bit of CPU time. It is set to pop up upon bringing Waze to foreground. What could be the reason?
Screenshot_20161007-083956-480x853.png
(104.8 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
A ¾ hour later, still no Waze, but WSLB keeps being hungry. Why?
Screenshot_20161007-092136-480x853.png
(106.91 KiB) Downloaded 999 times
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
WSLB started to heavily complain upon missing files on Dropbox (if I understood it correctly) with big toast messages. I'll try to post screenshots later.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Since the 0.45b update I'm failing to open/close WSLB in sync with Waze. Only independently. I've tried to play around with the "Enable/disable WSLB service" and "Start with Waze" controls, but no joy.
Or, possibly, Waze (4.21.0.0) changed its behavior and WSLB does not recognize it starting. I _think_ that with previous Waze versions, at the time of WSLB update, the auto startup worked correctly. But I'm not 100% sure.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
jm6087 wrote:
la-colle wrote:Same problem here with internet connection since a few days. Waze seems to have change something.
I don't think this is related to Waze. I may be wrong but my guess is the WSLB app lost its ability to connect to the internet
Since a few days ago Waze LiveMap requires the user to be logged-in in order to post a report. I can imagine that WSLB did not go through this hurdle previously and has been posting reports in anonymous mode.

It's Vinkoy's turn now 8-)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
turbomkt wrote:In the WURM thread there were comments that LM requires you to login to post now. This may be related.
Please try to read at least 3-4 posts back, if not the whole thread :roll:

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Gasparfox
First, Thank you for your application!
Then , how I can make use of the following? if you could put images to clarify I would appreciate it (the [...] button, it would be the same where you can add another speed?).
Vinkoy wrote: - user-defined comments on [...] button. Examples:
tap on black button (default text):
[WSLM] Nickname End of SL [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]
tap on black button (predefined text):
@@@Nickname: user predefined comment [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]
long tap with text:
@@@Nickname: entered text [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]
long tap without text (only nickname, accuracy and direction)
@@@Nickname [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]
Gasparfox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 15
Send a message

Post by Gasparfox
Vinkoy wrote: Gasparfox, I'll try to explain.
tap on black button (predefined text):
@@@Nickname: user predefined comment [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]
This is the case, when you have set some text in Speed Config form. "It would be the same where you can add another speed?" - Yes, the button "Modify speed limit values" will let you set the text on the [...] button. This text will be saved on each UR left in this way.

Please, let me know if you still have any questions. Thanks.
You need to put some special string to display both the speed and direction data? for example, in my case I want to leave the text "[WSLM] Gasparfox Límite de velocidad" and then the speed and direction data, I have to put: "[WSLM] Gasparfox Límite de velocidad [accuracy:2m direction:90° (→)]" without "End of SL", or otherwise?
Gasparfox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 15
Send a message